/ May 20, 2026
/ May 20, 2026

Imprisonment of Nnamdi Kanu, Ekpa improved security in Southeast – Nigerian Army

Published on

By

The Nigerian Army has said that the continued detention of two separatist leaders, Nnamdi Kanu and Simon Ekpa, has bought relative peace in the Southeast region of the country.

Director of Defence Media Operations, Maj. Gen. Michael Onoja, said this in a statement.

Onoja stated that criminal activities have reduced across the region in recent times.

“Crimes and other criminal activities have significantly decreased during the year following troops’ intensified operations across the South-Eastern states, as well as the recent court rulings against their leader, Simon Ekpa, who was jailed by the Government of the Republic of Finland, and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu,” Onoja said.

According to him, the developments have substantially degraded the group’s capabilities.

The Defense spokesman explained that the extremists had previously relied on attacking lightly manned checkpoints and security outposts.

He added that such attacks often resulted in the killing of security personnel, with weapons seized and later used to carry out further terror activities in the region.

According to the Army, the ongoing operations would be sustained to consolidate on recent gains, protect lives and property, and prevent the regrouping of criminal elements in the South-East

You May Like

29 thoughts on “Imprisonment of Nnamdi Kanu, Ekpa improved security in Southeast – Nigerian Army

  1. I’ve been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this website. Reading this info So i am happy to convey that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered exactly what I needed. I most certainly will make sure to do not forget this web site and give it a glance regularly.

  2. I will right away grasp your rss as I can’t in finding your e-mail subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please permit me understand in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

  3. Nonetheless, you can recognize chatting truly with out spending your cash should you’ve saved Chaturbate token generator The hack readily available for producing Chaturbate tokens will be utilized by all.

  4. I’ll immediately take hold of your rss feed as I can not to find your email subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Please let me recognise in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

  5. Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a totally different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Great choice of colors!

  6. I’ll immediately seize your rss as I can not find your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you’ve any? Kindly permit me recognize in order that I could subscribe. Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Minister of Education Tunji Alausa announces payment of outstanding BEA scholarship allowances to Nigerian students abroad.

FG begins N4bn payment of outstanding BEA scholars’ allowances

The federal government has commenced the payment of N4 billion in outstanding allowances owed to beneficiaries of the Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA, scholarship programme studying abroad.   According to TheCable, the ministry of education confirmed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has remitted the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions for immediate disbursement to eligible scholars. In a statement issued on Wednesday by Boriowo Folasade, director of press and public relations, the ministry said the payment represents 50 per cent of the approved outstanding obligations for 2025. Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, said efforts are ongoing to clear the remaining balance. “The funds have already reached embassy accounts, and affected missions are expected to begin immediate payments to beneficiaries,” the statement said. The ministry advised affected students to monitor their accounts as payments begin to reflect. The federal government said the development reflects the commitment of President Bola Tinubu to the welfare and academic success of Nigerian students studying overseas. The BEA scholarship programme was established through agreements with countries including China, Russia, Algeria, Hungary, Morocco, Egypt and Serbia. Under the arrangement, host countries provide tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria pays allowances covering health insurance, medicals, books, transport and feeding. Last year, the federal government discontinued the programme for new applicants following allegations of fraud and concerns that the scheme had deviated from its original purpose. TheCable had earlier reported that delays in stipend payments left several Nigerian scholars stranded abroad, with some reportedly facing eviction and financial hardship. The ministry reiterated its commitment to meeting obligations to Nigerian scholars and sustaining policies aimed at improving education and human capital development.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.