/ Aug 20, 2026
/ Aug 20, 2026

Dangote refinery IPO set for September amid investor rush

Published on

By

Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, says the planned initial public offering (IPO) of the Dangote Refinery could hit the market in September as investor interest surges into billions of dollars.

 

Dangote disclosed this during a visit by Femi Otedola and senior executives of First HoldCo to the refinery and fertiliser plants in the Lekki Free Trade Zone.

According to a report by TheCable, Dangote said the company is accelerating plans for the IPO due to mounting pressure from investors eager to buy into the refinery project.

“There is quite a lot of demand in terms of people pushing us, saying we want to buy,” Dangote said.

“That is the reason why we are trying to make sure that by September, we will be out there in the market to sell the IPO. But we have a lot of demand in billions of dollars.”

The billionaire industrialist added that advisers are still determining the refinery’s valuation and target listing price ahead of the public offer.

Dangote also revealed that interest in an earlier proposed $2 billion private placement had already exceeded expectations.

“We are not selling up to that, but we’ll see what we can allocate to them. We can see what we can allocate to an IPO,” he said.

He explained that the public offer is aimed at broadening ownership and allowing more Nigerians to participate in the refinery venture.

Dangote described the refinery as one of the world’s biggest industrial projects, claiming it would account for about 10 per cent of America’s refining production capacity.

“It’s going to be the largest refinery ever on the earth of this world,” he said.

He further projected that the refinery business alone could eventually generate more revenue than any other company in Africa.

During the visit, Otedola praised Dangote’s vision and leadership, describing him as “a colossus” and “a genius” whose investments have helped free Nigeria and Africa from “economic slavery”.

The First HoldCo chairman said his company’s management visited the refinery as part of efforts to learn from Dangote’s business strategy while pursuing its ambition of becoming one of the biggest banks in sub-Saharan Africa within five years.

You May Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

NAPTIP operatives seal a suspected maternity facility in Port Harcourt during an investigation into alleged child trafficking and baby sales.

NAPTIP seals maternity home over alleged ₦13.5m baby sale

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has sealed a suspected illegal maternity facility in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, and arrested three people over an alleged ₦13.5 million baby sale.   The development was reported by Channels Television on Thursday, August 20, 2026. The suspects include the owner of the facility, an alleged facilitator of the baby transfer and a staff member, according to NAPTIP. The agency said the facility, located in the Elelenwo area of Port Harcourt, was allegedly operating from a residential apartment. NAPTIP said its operatives from Abuja and Rivers State carried out the operation alongside officials of the Rivers State Ministry of Health after receiving intelligence about a suspected child-trafficking syndicate involved in the procurement, sale and unlawful transfer of children. Preliminary investigations reportedly showed that a Liberian national residing in Belgium arrived in Nigeria without evidence of pregnancy but allegedly took custody of three children within about one month. NAPTIP said intelligence available to investigators indicated that about ₦13.5 million may have changed hands in connection with the transfer of the three children. Investigators are working to establish the identities, whereabouts and welfare of the children, as well as determine their biological and legal parentage. They are also tracing financial transactions and investigating the possible involvement of medical personnel and other individuals. The agency said the maternity facility was sealed to preserve potential evidence as investigations continue. NAPTIP vows prosecution NAPTIP Director-General, Binta Bello, expressed concern over the alleged involvement of some maternity and healthcare facilities in illegal adoption, child sales and trafficking. Bello said the agency was expanding its investigation to identify everyone connected to the alleged operation and warned that those found culpable would face prosecution under the law. She also urged members of the public to report suspected cases of child trafficking, illegal adoption, baby-selling and other forms of exploitation to NAPTIP. The agency said the operation was part of a nationwide crackdown on fraudulent maternity and healthcare facilities allegedly operating as so-called baby factories.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.