/ Aug 21, 2026
/ Aug 21, 2026

Three siblings killed at home in Anambra

Published on

By

A tragic incident occurred in Nnewichi, Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State, on Saturday when unknown attackers killed three siblings—a five-year-old boy and two girls aged seven and nine.

 

Reports said the killers entered their home while the children were eating, murdered them and placed their bodies inside a deep freezer in one of the rooms.

 

Eyewitnesses said their mother, Chikazor Ejezie, a lecturer and nurse had gone out for an examination, while their father, who works in Edo State, was also away when the incident occurred.

 

“When the mother returned, she noticed the house was wide open, which was unusual because the children always locked the door when going out.

 

“After searching everywhere, their lifeless bodies were later found in the freezer. Investigations suggest they were killed and dumped inside,” an eyewitness said.

Read Also:

Anambra Cult Clashes: Father, six-year-old son, others cold heatedly killed

Speaking on Monday, the father of the deceased, Ejezie Udochukwu, said he was in Edo state when his wife called to inform him of the tragedy, and he rushed to Nnewichi.

 

Udochukwu said, “When my wife got home, she didn’t see the children. She and others searched for them, even at the church where they served as altar boys and girls, but they weren’t there.

 

“Eventually, in desperation, they opened the deep freezer, and that’s where their bodies were found. We live in a bungalow with two tenants and our landlord. The children were eating when the attackers came around noon. There were still plates with food that looked like they had been left in a hurry.

 

“Their bodies have been taken to the morgue, and the case has been reported to the Central Police Station in Nnewi. The police are investigating. I am devastated—three of my children were killed at the same time by unknown people.”

 

Confirming the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Tochukwu Ikenga, said the Commissioner of Police, CP Nnaghe Itam, has ordered a full investigation.

 

“The bodies have been recovered, and the CP has transferred the case to the State Criminal Investigation Department in Awka for thorough investigation. More details will be shared later,” Ikenga said.

 

Meanwhile, residents of Nnewichi have called for a proper investigation and justice for the murdered children.Three siblings killed in Anambra

 

You May Like

2 thoughts on “Three siblings killed at home in Anambra

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

NAPTIP operatives seal a suspected maternity facility in Port Harcourt during an investigation into alleged child trafficking and baby sales.

NAPTIP seals maternity home over alleged ₦13.5m baby sale

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has sealed a suspected illegal maternity facility in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, and arrested three people over an alleged ₦13.5 million baby sale.   The development was reported by Channels Television on Thursday, August 20, 2026. The suspects include the owner of the facility, an alleged facilitator of the baby transfer and a staff member, according to NAPTIP. The agency said the facility, located in the Elelenwo area of Port Harcourt, was allegedly operating from a residential apartment. NAPTIP said its operatives from Abuja and Rivers State carried out the operation alongside officials of the Rivers State Ministry of Health after receiving intelligence about a suspected child-trafficking syndicate involved in the procurement, sale and unlawful transfer of children. Preliminary investigations reportedly showed that a Liberian national residing in Belgium arrived in Nigeria without evidence of pregnancy but allegedly took custody of three children within about one month. NAPTIP said intelligence available to investigators indicated that about ₦13.5 million may have changed hands in connection with the transfer of the three children. Investigators are working to establish the identities, whereabouts and welfare of the children, as well as determine their biological and legal parentage. They are also tracing financial transactions and investigating the possible involvement of medical personnel and other individuals. The agency said the maternity facility was sealed to preserve potential evidence as investigations continue. NAPTIP vows prosecution NAPTIP Director-General, Binta Bello, expressed concern over the alleged involvement of some maternity and healthcare facilities in illegal adoption, child sales and trafficking. Bello said the agency was expanding its investigation to identify everyone connected to the alleged operation and warned that those found culpable would face prosecution under the law. She also urged members of the public to report suspected cases of child trafficking, illegal adoption, baby-selling and other forms of exploitation to NAPTIP. The agency said the operation was part of a nationwide crackdown on fraudulent maternity and healthcare facilities allegedly operating as so-called baby factories.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.