/ May 21, 2026
/ May 21, 2026

Bandits kill 30 in fresh Katsina, Kwara attacks

Published on

By

No fewer than 30 people were killed on Tuesday as bandits launched coordinated attacks on rural communities in Katsina and Kwara states, setting homes and vehicles ablaze and forcing residents to flee for safety.

In Katsina State, at least 20 villagers were killed when armed men stormed Doma community in Tafoki Ward, Faskari Local Government Area. Residents said the attackers arrived unhindered, shooting indiscriminately before burning houses and vehicles and fleeing the area.

Confirming the incident, the chairman of Faskari LGA, Surajo Aliyu, described the assault as a reprisal attack and the deadliest recorded in the area in months.

This is a reprisal attack, and it is a deadly one indeed. We have not witnessed anything like this in the last five months,” Aliyu said.

He added that although security agencies were alerted, they could not reach the community before the killings occurred.

“They killed at least 20 people and burnt houses and vehicles. Sadly, security operatives arrived after the attack had been carried out,” he said.

The victims’ bodies have been evacuated for burial scheduled for Wednesday morning. Faskari was among the local councils that entered a truce with bandits about five months ago, a move that had brought relative calm until this latest violence.

Efforts to obtain a reaction from the Katsina State Police Command were unsuccessful as calls to the police spokesperson went unanswered.

Meanwhile, in Kwara State, bandits killed at least 10 villagers during attacks on Woro and Nuku communities in Kaiama Local Government Area on Tuesday evening.

The attackers, believed to be operating from the Borgu National Park forest in neighbouring Niger State, invaded the communities around 6:00 pm, firing sporadically and setting several houses on fire.

A community leader, who requested anonymity, confirmed the casualties, saying residents were still searching for people who fled into nearby bushes.

Reacting, the Kwara State Government condemned the killings, with Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq describing the attack as a cowardly response to ongoing security operations.

The governor extended condolences to the affected families and assured residents that security agencies had been directed to intensify operations to prevent further attacks. As of the time of filing this report, the Kwara State Police Command had yet to issue a formal statement.

You May Like

3 thoughts on “Bandits kill 30 in fresh Katsina, Kwara attacks

  1. 551bet1, haven’t spent too much time there myself, but I’ve heard it’s got a decent selection. Might be worth a look if you’re hunting for something specific. Happy hunting! Test your luck at 551bet1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Minister of Education Tunji Alausa announces payment of outstanding BEA scholarship allowances to Nigerian students abroad.

FG begins N4bn payment of outstanding BEA scholars’ allowances

The federal government has commenced the payment of N4 billion in outstanding allowances owed to beneficiaries of the Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA, scholarship programme studying abroad.   According to TheCable, the ministry of education confirmed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has remitted the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions for immediate disbursement to eligible scholars. In a statement issued on Wednesday by Boriowo Folasade, director of press and public relations, the ministry said the payment represents 50 per cent of the approved outstanding obligations for 2025. Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, said efforts are ongoing to clear the remaining balance. “The funds have already reached embassy accounts, and affected missions are expected to begin immediate payments to beneficiaries,” the statement said. The ministry advised affected students to monitor their accounts as payments begin to reflect. The federal government said the development reflects the commitment of President Bola Tinubu to the welfare and academic success of Nigerian students studying overseas. The BEA scholarship programme was established through agreements with countries including China, Russia, Algeria, Hungary, Morocco, Egypt and Serbia. Under the arrangement, host countries provide tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria pays allowances covering health insurance, medicals, books, transport and feeding. Last year, the federal government discontinued the programme for new applicants following allegations of fraud and concerns that the scheme had deviated from its original purpose. TheCable had earlier reported that delays in stipend payments left several Nigerian scholars stranded abroad, with some reportedly facing eviction and financial hardship. The ministry reiterated its commitment to meeting obligations to Nigerian scholars and sustaining policies aimed at improving education and human capital development.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.