/ May 18, 2026
/ May 18, 2026

60-year-old woman found dead after alleged rape in Badagry

Published on

By

A 60-year-old woman was found dead in a bush in the Oke Egan area of Badagry after she was allegedly attacked while returning from a church programme, according to a report by Punch Newspapers.

The victim, identified as Victoria Adegoke, was discovered early Friday morning in the Ilogbo-Eremi community. Community sources said that she was found unclothed, with signs suggesting she may have been raped before being strangled and dragged into nearby bushland.

A local community leader, who spoke anonymously because of the sensitive nature of the case, said Adegoke had attended a programme at The Joy of Christ Ministry and had stayed with a sibling living near the church after the event.

He said she was reportedly attacked around 6am while making her way home. Her mobile phone was taken, while her ATM card and Bible were reportedly found at the scene.

Another resident said the area, located along the border between Lagos State and Ogun State, has a history of violent crime, adding that several similar incidents have been recorded in the community in recent years.

The source said passersby spotted the body and alerted officers at the Ilogbo-Eremi police post. Photographs cited by Punch reportedly showed marks indicating the victim’s hands may have been tied.

The spokesperson for the Lagos State Police Command, CSP Abimbola Adebisi, had not responded to calls or a WhatsApp message seeking official comment as of the time Punch published the report.

The incident has heightened concerns among residents over security in the border community, with calls for police to track the perpetrators through the victim’s stolen phone.

You May Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

APC party flag displayed during a political gathering amid controversy over aspirant disqualifications ahead of the 2027 elections.

One dead, several injured in Lagos APC primary clash

A supporter was shot dead during the All Progressives Congress  (APC) House of Representatives primary election in Lagos after violence broke out among rival party supporters in the Ikotun area. According to Punch Newspapers, the incident happened on Saturday at a primary school in Ile-Iwe, Egbe, where the party was conducting its primary election for aspirants seeking seats in the House of Representatives. Witnesses said the exercise had been peaceful before an argument started among supporters of different aspirants. The disagreement quickly escalated into chaos, with gunshots heard as people scrambled for safety. A resident told Punch that one man was struck by a bullet during the unrest, while several others sustained injuries. The victim was reportedly rushed away from the venue but died before reaching hospital. Another witness said the sound of gunfire triggered panic, forcing delegates and supporters to jump fences and hide in nearby homes as the situation worsened. A police source told Punch that additional security operatives were deployed to the venue after officers at the scene requested reinforcement. The Divisional Police Officer and Area Commander later restored calm, though no official arrest had been confirmed at the time of reporting. Efforts by Punch to reach Abimbola Adebisi, spokesperson for the Nigeria Police Force in Lagos State, were unsuccessful, while party officials had not issued any official statement as of press time. The shooting adds to concerns over recurring electoral violence in Nigeria, especially during party primaries and rerun elections, where clashes among political supporters often result in deaths, injuries and destruction of property.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.