/ Aug 21, 2026
/ Aug 21, 2026

Tottenham Hotspur gets Ange Postecoglou as head coach

Published on

By

Ange Postecoglou has spent his coaching life confounding those who underestimate him and the social media campaign against him becoming Tottenham Hotspur manager was unlikely to bother him too much.

The 57-year-old, who is expected to be confirmed as Tottenham boss, has enjoyed success pretty much wherever he has coached over the last 26 years.

Although raised in Australia where oval ball codes rule the roost, Greek-born Postecoglou is a passionate football man with firm, unchanging ideas of how the game should be played.

“My vision is I want to play football everyone talks about and with that, hopefully, we will have success as well,” he said in 2020 when explaining how he built a championship-winning team at Yokohama F Marinos.

That 2019 success in the J.League, the toughest league in Asia, was by no means his first title but gave him enough credibility to land the job at Celtic in 2021.

His appointment at Parkhead was widely mocked, with former Scotland striker turned radio pundit Alan Brazil leading the charge when he scoffed that the news must be “a wind up”.

Brazil was happy to eat humble pie 11 months later after Celtic won the League Cup and Scottish Premiership title, likening the move to Arsenal’s appointment of the little-known Arsene Wenger in 1996.

Three more trophies followed this season at Celtic and the treble was wrapped up on Saturday when Inverness Caledonian Thistle were beaten 3-1 in the Scottish Cup final at Hampden Park.

“When I came here … the opportunity for me was that the team had been dismantled so … I could really build a team in the image of the football I wanted to play,” Postecoglou said.

“The risk was, if I got it wrong, it would be a disaster. Fortunately, I got it right.”

Postecoglou’s reputation for rebuilding teams and getting them to play in an adventurous, attacking style was built in his first job in the Australian top flight at Brisbane Roar.

You May Like

3 thoughts on “Tottenham Hotspur gets Ange Postecoglou as head coach

  1. Хотите знать, кому можно доверять в мире онлайн-казино? Наш справочник проводит независимую экспертизу: проверяем лицензии, процесс выплат и качество игр. Рейтинги объективны — мы не торгуем позициями. Принципы оценки открыты для всех. Подойдёт как новичкам, так и опытным игрокам. Следим за изменениями и регулярно обновляем информацию. Узнать о рейтингах казино

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

NAPTIP operatives seal a suspected maternity facility in Port Harcourt during an investigation into alleged child trafficking and baby sales.

NAPTIP seals maternity home over alleged ₦13.5m baby sale

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has sealed a suspected illegal maternity facility in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, and arrested three people over an alleged ₦13.5 million baby sale.   The development was reported by Channels Television on Thursday, August 20, 2026. The suspects include the owner of the facility, an alleged facilitator of the baby transfer and a staff member, according to NAPTIP. The agency said the facility, located in the Elelenwo area of Port Harcourt, was allegedly operating from a residential apartment. NAPTIP said its operatives from Abuja and Rivers State carried out the operation alongside officials of the Rivers State Ministry of Health after receiving intelligence about a suspected child-trafficking syndicate involved in the procurement, sale and unlawful transfer of children. Preliminary investigations reportedly showed that a Liberian national residing in Belgium arrived in Nigeria without evidence of pregnancy but allegedly took custody of three children within about one month. NAPTIP said intelligence available to investigators indicated that about ₦13.5 million may have changed hands in connection with the transfer of the three children. Investigators are working to establish the identities, whereabouts and welfare of the children, as well as determine their biological and legal parentage. They are also tracing financial transactions and investigating the possible involvement of medical personnel and other individuals. The agency said the maternity facility was sealed to preserve potential evidence as investigations continue. NAPTIP vows prosecution NAPTIP Director-General, Binta Bello, expressed concern over the alleged involvement of some maternity and healthcare facilities in illegal adoption, child sales and trafficking. Bello said the agency was expanding its investigation to identify everyone connected to the alleged operation and warned that those found culpable would face prosecution under the law. She also urged members of the public to report suspected cases of child trafficking, illegal adoption, baby-selling and other forms of exploitation to NAPTIP. The agency said the operation was part of a nationwide crackdown on fraudulent maternity and healthcare facilities allegedly operating as so-called baby factories.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.