/ May 18, 2026
/ May 18, 2026

JUST IN: High Court adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s trial indefinitely

Published on

By

Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja, has indefinitely adjourned the trial of Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra.

The decision, made on Monday, follows Kanu’s insistence that Nyako cannot preside over his case, citing her previous recusal.

Reporters had earlier reported that Kanu had been ordered to appear for a hearing on Monday, February 10, 2025, before Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

Read Also:

Abuja High Court dismisses Nnamdi Kanu’s N1bn suit against FG

Earlier in January, Kanu filed a petition against Justice Nyako before the National Judicial Council, accusing her of judicial misconduct in handling his trial.

And days later, the IPOB leader called for his case to be transferred to the South-East if no judge at the Federal High Court in Abuja is willing to preside over it apart from Justice Binta Nyako.

 

You May Like

2 thoughts on “JUST IN: High Court adjourns Nnamdi Kanu’s trial indefinitely

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Rescue workers search through rubble after three-storey building collapse in Durumi area of Abuja

Abuja building collapse, five dead, 10 rescued as search continues

A three-storey building under construction has collapsed in the Durumi 3 area near Abuja, leaving at least five people dead and 10 rescued alive, according to Punch Newspaper.   The incident happened on Saturday morning near Gudu Market, with emergency workers continuing efforts to reach people believed to still be trapped under the rubble. The report was first published by Punch, citing officials of the Federal Capital Territory Administration.   According to the FCTA, rescue teams recovered five bodies from the collapsed structure, while 10 survivors were pulled out alive. Search operations remained ongoing as responders combed through debris at the construction site in the Gudu district.   The statement was issued by Lere Olayinka, spokesperson to Nyesom Wike, who confirmed the scale of the incident and said additional victims may still be under the wreckage.   The FCT Mandate Secretary of Health Services and Environment Secretariat, Adedolapo Fasawe, visited the scene and said Wike had directed that all injured victims receive free medical treatment. Emergency teams including the Federal Fire Service, security agencies, health workers and local volunteers were seen at the site as residents gathered anxiously nearby.   Authorities have yet to confirm the cause of the collapse, while rescue operations continue.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.