/ May 21, 2026
/ May 21, 2026

Teenager shot dead by  landlord for jumping into his house to retrieve football – Imo

Published on

By

Barely 24 hours after surgery, the teenager shot on Monday by a landlord for jumping into his house to retrieve a ball during a game of football in his school field, Paul, has been pronounced dead by the medical team at the Specialist Hospital, Umuguma, Owerri.

 

Paul’s guardian, Mr Jonathan Odikanwa, a septuagenarian, told reporters that his ward passed away on Thursday afternoon.

 

Paul, 16 years old and a student of Urban Secondary School in the Area N, World Bank Housing area of Owerri had jumped over his school fence to retrieve a ball that entered the yet-to-be-identied landlord’s premises on Monday.

 

However, the property owner got offended and shot Paul in the waist, leaving him to battle for his life at the hospital.

Read Also:

Imo: Lifeless body of pregnant woman found in bush

 

Odikanwa had on Wednesday appealed to people to pray for the recovery of his ward as he was being wheeled into the theatre to find out where his bowel movements were impeded.

 

The distraught guardian wailed, “He has passed away. My son has passed away. The doctors just said they lost him. Even after the surgery yesterday (Wednesday), we had been hopeful that he would come around. My boy who had lived with me for over seven years had passed on”, he said in a pained voice.

 

According to him, the X-ray didn’t show the bullet in the body but doctors had to operate Paul when it was discovered that his bowel movements were impeded.

 

Though not a biological son of Odikanwa, Paul had lived with the Odikanwas for about eight years running from where he began schooling and was in JSS 1 at Urban Secondary School, Area N, World bank area of Owerri.

 

The Police Public Relations Officer for the Imo State Police Command, DSP Henry Okoye, confirmed the incident and the arrest of the landlord who shot the teenager.

You May Like

5 thoughts on “Teenager shot dead by  landlord for jumping into his house to retrieve football – Imo

  1. В джунглях ставок, где любой сайт пытается привлечь обещаниями быстрых джекпотов, рейтинг русских онлайн казино
    становится как раз той путеводителем, что направляет мимо ловушки подвохов. Для хайроллеров и дебютантов, что устал из-за пустых посулов, это инструмент, дабы ощутить подлинную отдачу, как ощущение ценной фишки в ладони. Минус лишней воды, просто надёжные клубы, где отдача не просто число, а реальная фортуна.Собрано на основе поисковых запросов, словно сеть, которая ловит самые свежие веяния по интернете. Тут нет места про шаблонных трюков, всякий момент будто карта у столе, в котором обман проявляется мгновенно. Игроки видят: в рунете тон речи и иронией, где юмор притворяется под рекомендацию, даёт избежать обмана.На http://www.don8play.ru такой список находится словно готовая карта, готовый к игре. Загляни, коли хочешь увидеть биение настоящей азарта, обходя обмана плюс разочарований. Игрокам что ценит тактильность удачи, это будто иметь ставку в пальцах, а не глядеть по монитор.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Kwankwaso denies claims of secretly working for Tinubu ahead of 2027, insisting the NDC coalition backs Peter Obi for Nigeria’s presidency.

Kwankwaso denies working for Tinubu ahead of 2027 election

Former Kano State governor Rabiu Kwankwaso has dismissed allegations that he is secretly working for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu ahead of the 2027 presidential election, describing those spreading the claims as “foolish people”.   Kwankwaso made the remarks during an interview with Global TV on Wednesday night, according to TheCable. The former governor reacted to allegations made by Sanusi Bature, spokesperson to Kano State governor Abba Kabir Yusuf, who claimed Kwankwaso was indirectly supporting Tinubu’s re-election bid. Bature had alleged that Kwankwaso worked for Tinubu during the 2023 elections and recently sought a direct meeting with the president. Responding to the claims, Kwankwaso insisted he was not aligned with Tinubu politically despite their personal relationship. “I think only foolish people would believe that. We are not working for anybody. We are only working for NDC,” he said. Kwankwaso added that while Tinubu remains his “senior brother and good friend”, both men pursue different political agendas. “He is doing his own and I am doing my own,” he stated. The former minister of defence also criticised the president’s inner circle, saying Tinubu may not fully understand the severity of Nigeria’s challenges because advisers around him are allegedly withholding the truth. Kwankwaso accused some members of the ruling All Progressives Congress of focusing on attracting governors into the party rather than addressing governance issues. On May 3, Kwankwaso and Peter Obi formally joined the Nigeria Democratic Congress (NDC), where discussions are ongoing about a possible joint presidential ticket for 2027. Kwankwaso said the coalition backed Obi as its preferred southern candidate after consultations across Nigeria’s six geopolitical zones. “We looked around across the zones and we realised that Peter Obi is the best candidate,” he said. He also expressed confidence that the coalition has enough time to build support nationwide before the next general election. TheCable reported that Kwankwaso maintained his camp is working to convince Nigerians despite political attacks and misinformation from opponents.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.