/ May 19, 2026
/ May 19, 2026

JAMB to penalise 180 candidates at the just concluded exams for fraud 

Published on

By

No fewer than 211,000 candidates on Thursday sat for the 2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination Mock exam conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board across designated Computer-Based Test in the country.

JAMB Registrar, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, who disclosed this while monitoring the exercise at a CBT centre in Bwari, Abuja, revealed that the results of the mock examination will be released on Friday.

“They will have the results tomorrow. The results will be ready. Those who finished, we are working now on their results, but we want to compare with the second batch, the third batch, and so on. And see that everything is working well. But later by tomorrow, they will have the results,” he said.

Explaining the purpose of the UTME Mock, Oloyede said the exercise was aimed at testing the board’s readiness for the main examination and experimenting with new strategies to improve the process.

“The word is mock, and we want to say so far so good. What we want to do is to try some things. As students are getting wiser, we are also getting better.

“Because we are doing certain things to ensure that those things are done. So we are trying to make sure that when we go for the exam, we will have taken experience and taken some lessons from our experience at the Mock level. So, so far, so good,” he said.

The Registrar, who said the only way to pass UTME is by studying hard, expressed concerns that some candidates are patronisng rogue websites in order to cheat in the exam, adding that JAMB has also opened a decoy website targeting such individuals.

Read Also:

Mmesoma, JAMB trade words over result

“We need to let the students know that the best way to pass the examination, UTME in particular, is to study. We are aware of some rogue websites asking people to come and pay that they can help.

“It cannot work. We have also opened our own rogue website. And as of this morning, about 180 students have paid.

“So those students, because to attempt to cheat is already an infraction. So those who paid into that account, looking for questions, we are going to deal firmly with them. And many of the institutions, UTME is not a school-based examination.

“We register students individually. And that is why we tell the students, do not give (out) your registration number. Do not register by proxy.

“Do not give your registration number to anybody. Because some of these schools want to be able to brag that, oh, my 10 students from my school scored 280. There was a state where even the governor of a state was misinformed, and they were celebrating nothing. So this type of thing that people want to cut corners, we are abreast of all this. And we are doing everything possible (to stop it).

“We have about 180 of them. And we are going to deal with them firmly. We are going to cancel their results, both UTME and DE,” Oloyede said.

He advised candidates to steer clear of fraudulent websites and individuals claiming to offer assistance during the examination.

“Some of them are paying N30,000 for something that will never work. And to some, when I look at those who have paid to us this money, I smile,” he added.

Recall that the 2025 UTME is scheduled to commence on April 25 at approved CBT centres across the country.

You May Like

2 thoughts on “JAMB to penalise 180 candidates at the just concluded exams for fraud 

  1. В джунглях азарта, где любой сайт норовит зацепить гарантиями простых выигрышей, легальное казино рейтинг
    превращается именно той ориентиром, которая проводит сквозь заросли подвохов. Игрокам хайроллеров и дебютантов, которые устал от фальшивых посулов, это инструмент, чтоб увидеть настоящую rtp, будто тяжесть золотой фишки у ладони. Обходя пустой воды, лишь проверенные площадки, где отдача не просто цифра, а конкретная везение.Составлено из яндексовых поисков, словно ловушка, что ловит топовые горячие тенденции по интернете. В нём отсутствует пространства для стандартных фишек, любой момент словно карта в покере, там блеф раскрывается немедленно. Профи видят: по стране тон разговора на иронией, в котором сарказм маскируется словно намёк, даёт избежать рисков.На https://www.don8play.ru этот топ лежит словно открытая карта, готовый на раздаче. Загляни, коли нужно почувствовать биение подлинной азарта, без мифов плюс неудач. Для что любит ощущение выигрыша, он будто иметь карты у пальцах, а не смотреть на экран.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Davido reacts on social media during growing political tension in Osun ahead of the August governorship election.

Davido attacks Oyetola as Osun election tension rises

Afrobeats star Davido has publicly criticised Gboyega Oyetola, accusing the former Osun State governor of political desperation ahead of the state’s governorship election. According to TheCable Lifestyle, the singer made the comments on Tuesday through social media posts, where he described Oyetola as “the most desperate politician in the world” and alleged that his plans in Osun would fail. Davido wrote on X that Oyetola was “very embarrass”, before following up with another post claiming the current Minister of Marine and Blue Economy was plotting to cause trouble in the state. The outburst comes as political activities intensify before the August 15 governorship election in Osun. The singer has become increasingly active in the state’s politics in recent months. The comments also follow allegations by Accord Party that thugs linked to the All Progressives Congress attacked the campaign office of Governor Ademola Adeleke in Osogbo. TheCable reported that the party’s national chairman, Maxwell Mgbuden, said the attack was the second on the governor’s campaign office within two weeks. He alleged that armed men fired shots, shattered windows and vandalised offices inside the building. Mgbuden further claimed that the attackers wrote “Say no to automatic ticket” on the wall, alleging an attempt to destabilise the state’s political environment ahead of the poll. Davido’s political involvement deepened in April when he was appointed head of youth mobilisation for the Accord Party campaign council supporting Adeleke’s re-election bid. He later inaugurated the Imole youth mobilisation campaign council as part of preparations for the election.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.