/ May 21, 2026
/ May 21, 2026

Sanwo-Olu invites DSS to join Mohbad’s death investigation

Published on

By

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has invited the Department of Security Services (DSS) to join the police investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of singer Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad. 

In a statement issued via his verified X platform (formerly Twitter) on Tuesday by his Chief Press Secretary, Gboyega Akosile, the governor said: “We have been closely working behind the scenes with relevant authorities and keenly following the ongoing investigations.

“However, in order to boost the investigations, I have invited the Department of State Services (DSS) to join the investigation and widen the dragnet with inter-agency collaboration and the use of best-in-class technology to unearth the truth.

Read Also:

Lagos Land grabbers: Violent returns, leaves trail of blood, deaths

“I have instructed that all those who may have played any role whatsoever in any event leading to the death of MohBad be made to face the law after a thorough investigation.”

He further urged those who may have vital information that could assist the investigation process to provide the investigating team with such information.

“The police and the DSS have promised to brief the public on their efforts periodically.

“I also appeal to all friends and fans of the deceased to stay calm and refrain from making inflammatory utterances and reaching prejudicial conclusions on this matter. Staying calm and following the process will be our most solemn tribute to the memory of the departed talent.

You May Like

2 thoughts on “Sanwo-Olu invites DSS to join Mohbad’s death investigation

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Recovered sack containing 119 rounds of AK-47 live ammunition displayed by Gombe State Police Command.

Police recover 119 AK-47 ammunition rounds in Gombe

The Nigeria Police Force in Gombe State recovered 119 rounds of 7.62mm AK-47 live ammunition concealed in a sack along Kalshingi Road in Kwadon, Yamaltu/Deba Local Government Area.   According to the report published on Thursday, the recovery followed credible intelligence received by the Divisional Police Officer of Kwadon Division at about 10:30am on May 19, 2026. Police spokesperson DSP Buhari Abdullahi said officers discovered the suspicious white sack hidden under a tree opposite a graveyard along the road. He explained that detectives were immediately deployed to the area after the information was received. Items recovered from the sack included 119 rounds of 7.62mm AK-47 live ammunition, two empty ammunition packets, two bottles containing moringa seeds, and one green bag. Abdullahi stated that security operatives combed nearby bushes and adjoining areas after the discovery, but no suspect had been arrested as of the time of filing the report. The command said investigations and surveillance operations had been intensified to identify and apprehend those linked to the concealed ammunition. The Commissioner of Police, Bello Yahaya, commended residents for providing timely intelligence and urged members of the public to continue supporting security agencies with useful information. The development comes days after the Kano State Police Command arrested a suspected arms dealer and recovered three fabricated AK-47 rifles during an operation in Dala Local Government Area.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.