/ Aug 20, 2026
/ Aug 20, 2026

Noheem Adams defeats rival to clinch Lagos APC assembly ticket

Published on

By

The Majority Leader of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Noheem Adams, has secured the All Progressives Congress ticket for Eti-Osa Constituency I after defeating Saheed Bankole in Wednesday’s primary election.

 

According to a report by Punch Newspapers, Adams polled 7,638 votes against Bankole’s 1,225 votes, winning five of the six wards contested in the constituency. The election in Ward J was declared inconclusive.

The result, announced at Olomu Primary School in Ajah, positions Adams for a return to the Lagos State House of Assembly ahead of the 2027 general election.

Speaking after the exercise, Adams described the outcome as a reflection of the will of party members and residents across the constituency.

“I feel great and honoured. It is the will of the people. It is democracy, and the people have spoken today,” he said.

The lawmaker stated that his re-election bid had earlier received endorsements from party leaders, local government chairmen and other stakeholders within the constituency.

He added that efforts were made to persuade his challenger to step down before the primary election, but the contest eventually proceeded.

Adams also gave a breakdown of the ward-by-ward results, saying the figures reflected strong grassroots support for his candidacy.

He said he secured over 2,000 votes in Ward A3 against Bankole’s little above 200 votes, while in Ajah he recorded 1,262 votes. In Oniru, Adams said he won more than 2,500 votes while his opponent got 143 votes.

The APC chieftain commended party officials and security agencies for what he described as a peaceful and transparent electoral process.

Adams further expressed confidence that the party leadership would uphold the outcome of the primary election.

He also pledged to mobilise support for Bola Tinubu and other APC candidates during the 2027 general election.

You May Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

NAPTIP operatives seal a suspected maternity facility in Port Harcourt during an investigation into alleged child trafficking and baby sales.

NAPTIP seals maternity home over alleged ₦13.5m baby sale

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has sealed a suspected illegal maternity facility in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, and arrested three people over an alleged ₦13.5 million baby sale.   The development was reported by Channels Television on Thursday, August 20, 2026. The suspects include the owner of the facility, an alleged facilitator of the baby transfer and a staff member, according to NAPTIP. The agency said the facility, located in the Elelenwo area of Port Harcourt, was allegedly operating from a residential apartment. NAPTIP said its operatives from Abuja and Rivers State carried out the operation alongside officials of the Rivers State Ministry of Health after receiving intelligence about a suspected child-trafficking syndicate involved in the procurement, sale and unlawful transfer of children. Preliminary investigations reportedly showed that a Liberian national residing in Belgium arrived in Nigeria without evidence of pregnancy but allegedly took custody of three children within about one month. NAPTIP said intelligence available to investigators indicated that about ₦13.5 million may have changed hands in connection with the transfer of the three children. Investigators are working to establish the identities, whereabouts and welfare of the children, as well as determine their biological and legal parentage. They are also tracing financial transactions and investigating the possible involvement of medical personnel and other individuals. The agency said the maternity facility was sealed to preserve potential evidence as investigations continue. NAPTIP vows prosecution NAPTIP Director-General, Binta Bello, expressed concern over the alleged involvement of some maternity and healthcare facilities in illegal adoption, child sales and trafficking. Bello said the agency was expanding its investigation to identify everyone connected to the alleged operation and warned that those found culpable would face prosecution under the law. She also urged members of the public to report suspected cases of child trafficking, illegal adoption, baby-selling and other forms of exploitation to NAPTIP. The agency said the operation was part of a nationwide crackdown on fraudulent maternity and healthcare facilities allegedly operating as so-called baby factories.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.