/ Aug 20, 2026
/ Aug 20, 2026

Adeleke avoiding first-year scorecard – Osun APC

Published on

By

The opposition All Progressives Congress in Osun State has alleged that Governor Ademola Adeleke travelled abroad ahead of the first anniversary of his administration today to avoid giving an account of his stewardship.

The Osun APC, in a statement on Sunday by its Chairman, Mr Tajudeen Lawal, alleged that Adeleke had run the state aground since taking the mantle of leadership on November 27, 2022.

The APC leader accused the governor of lying about his whereabouts following claims by the governor’s spokesperson, Olawale Rasheed, that Adeleke had gone on working vacation to Europe and Asia.

According to Lawal, Adeleke fled abroad because he was afraid of facing the people after he mismanaged the revenue accrued to the state in the last year.

The opposition party said, “No one can begrudge another for falling sick or nursing an ailment as such is beyond the control of any human being but God Almighty, but it behooves those who are holding the people’s mandate in trust to always tell the truth and stand by the truth.

“We know very well that Governor Adeleke has absconded from the state so he would not be able to give due account of his stewardship to the people of the state.

“Since November 2022 when he came on board, Governor Adeleke has run the state aground with his sheer incompetence, lack of proper education and zero administrative acumen. He is afraid to disclose to the Osun people how he has mismanaged over N130bn revenue accrued to his government in the last year.

Read Also:

NBA rejects Adeleke’s Acting CJ, Osun shuts down 

“He is afraid to tell them how he has allocated in the supplementary budget over N10 billion for his food, entertainment and office use while the parents of UNIOSUN students are struggling to pay increased school fees his regime forced on them to pay.”

But Adeleke, in a statement signed by his spokesperson, Rasheed, declared that his administration surpassed the annual good governance target it set while assuming office.

The governor said, “When I assumed office, we had benchmarks and deliverables according to each sector. Our team sets milestones to achieve in health, education, infrastructures, ICT, agriculture, youth, and women, among others. I looked back and I can tell you we performed beyond our plans.

“The opposition APC is still nursing the wound of their electoral defeat. So, the party is ashamed to see the positive changes we are recording in the state. Our achievements are there for all to see.”

Giving a further account of his stewardship, Adeleke said, “In the road sector, we reconstructed a total of 90 kilometres of roads with another 45 kilometers ongoing. We completed key intercity roads like the Ikirun-Osogbo Road while the Iwo-Osogbo Road is ongoing. We completely rehabilitated 31 schools with another 31 in the pipeline. We built 332 water projects while major water works at Iwo, Ede, Osogbo, and Eko are under rehabilitation.

“We focused on the health sector through the Imole Medical Outreach, which provides immediate surgeries with over 50,000 beneficiaries so far. We address the welfare needs of doctors and we have selected 345 health centres in the state for complete rehabilitation.

“In science and technology, we introduced a digital economy agenda with new ICT and tech innovations policies. We developed a bill to domesticate the Nigeria Startup Act and launched programmes to deepen internet penetration of the state through broadband fiber optic projects.

“I reformed the public service by ensuring professionalism. I launched a phased payment of inherited pension and half salary debt. I just enrolled all pensioners in the health insurance scheme. We have done a lot in just under one year.”

You May Like

One thought on “Adeleke avoiding first-year scorecard – Osun APC

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

NAPTIP operatives seal a suspected maternity facility in Port Harcourt during an investigation into alleged child trafficking and baby sales.

NAPTIP seals maternity home over alleged ₦13.5m baby sale

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has sealed a suspected illegal maternity facility in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, and arrested three people over an alleged ₦13.5 million baby sale.   The development was reported by Channels Television on Thursday, August 20, 2026. The suspects include the owner of the facility, an alleged facilitator of the baby transfer and a staff member, according to NAPTIP. The agency said the facility, located in the Elelenwo area of Port Harcourt, was allegedly operating from a residential apartment. NAPTIP said its operatives from Abuja and Rivers State carried out the operation alongside officials of the Rivers State Ministry of Health after receiving intelligence about a suspected child-trafficking syndicate involved in the procurement, sale and unlawful transfer of children. Preliminary investigations reportedly showed that a Liberian national residing in Belgium arrived in Nigeria without evidence of pregnancy but allegedly took custody of three children within about one month. NAPTIP said intelligence available to investigators indicated that about ₦13.5 million may have changed hands in connection with the transfer of the three children. Investigators are working to establish the identities, whereabouts and welfare of the children, as well as determine their biological and legal parentage. They are also tracing financial transactions and investigating the possible involvement of medical personnel and other individuals. The agency said the maternity facility was sealed to preserve potential evidence as investigations continue. NAPTIP vows prosecution NAPTIP Director-General, Binta Bello, expressed concern over the alleged involvement of some maternity and healthcare facilities in illegal adoption, child sales and trafficking. Bello said the agency was expanding its investigation to identify everyone connected to the alleged operation and warned that those found culpable would face prosecution under the law. She also urged members of the public to report suspected cases of child trafficking, illegal adoption, baby-selling and other forms of exploitation to NAPTIP. The agency said the operation was part of a nationwide crackdown on fraudulent maternity and healthcare facilities allegedly operating as so-called baby factories.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.