/ May 21, 2026
/ May 21, 2026

BREAKING: Mr Ibu reportedly dies at 62

Published on

By

 

Mr Ibu, a Nollywood veteran has died. The actor whose real name is John Okarfor was 62. According to multiple reports from sources close to him, the veteran comedian passed away at Evercare Hospital. Many fans have shared condolences on X, reminiscing about movies the late actor has featured.

Details surrounding the cause of death and the veracity of these reports are still unclear. Mr Ibu’s family and representatives have yet to comment publicly.

The actor had been battling health issues since October 2023 and had undergone multiple surgeries that led to the amputation of his leg. However, updates from his family in November indicated he was recovering.

Read Also:

Actor Adeniyi Johnson celebrates birthday with twins

The news of his death comes less than 24 hours after the demise of Quadri Oyebamiji popularly known as Sisi Quadri, another Veteran Nollywood Actor.

In 2019, Mr Ibu alleged that his kinsmen paid some of his domestic workers to poison him because of his successful career.

In May 2022, the comic actor again alleged that he was poisoned for the third time.

In an interview with Vanguard Newspaper, Okafor disclosed that he was already “seeing people on the other side” but God brought him back to life.

He said, “My illness was perpetrated by people that hate me. They did what they did to me. Later, I was taken to the hospital. The doctors are prophets. So, they went into my system and they told me what was wrong and what they were going to do. I said ‘Whatever you are going to do, please, do it, let me live because if I die like this the enemies will laugh’. And then the doctors said ‘Okay, there’s no problem’.

However, several notable Nollywood figures have posted lighted candles on his behalf to mourn the actor.

You May Like

3 thoughts on “BREAKING: Mr Ibu reportedly dies at 62

  1. Хотите знать, кому можно доверять в мире онлайн-казино? Наш справочник проводит независимую экспертизу: проверяем лицензии, процесс выплат и качество игр. Рейтинги объективны — мы не торгуем позициями. Принципы оценки открыты для всех. Подойдёт как новичкам, так и опытным игрокам. Следим за изменениями и регулярно обновляем информацию. Узнать о рейтингах казино

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Minister of Education Tunji Alausa announces payment of outstanding BEA scholarship allowances to Nigerian students abroad.

FG begins N4bn payment of outstanding BEA scholars’ allowances

The federal government has commenced the payment of N4 billion in outstanding allowances owed to beneficiaries of the Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA, scholarship programme studying abroad.   According to TheCable, the ministry of education confirmed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has remitted the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions for immediate disbursement to eligible scholars. In a statement issued on Wednesday by Boriowo Folasade, director of press and public relations, the ministry said the payment represents 50 per cent of the approved outstanding obligations for 2025. Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, said efforts are ongoing to clear the remaining balance. “The funds have already reached embassy accounts, and affected missions are expected to begin immediate payments to beneficiaries,” the statement said. The ministry advised affected students to monitor their accounts as payments begin to reflect. The federal government said the development reflects the commitment of President Bola Tinubu to the welfare and academic success of Nigerian students studying overseas. The BEA scholarship programme was established through agreements with countries including China, Russia, Algeria, Hungary, Morocco, Egypt and Serbia. Under the arrangement, host countries provide tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria pays allowances covering health insurance, medicals, books, transport and feeding. Last year, the federal government discontinued the programme for new applicants following allegations of fraud and concerns that the scheme had deviated from its original purpose. TheCable had earlier reported that delays in stipend payments left several Nigerian scholars stranded abroad, with some reportedly facing eviction and financial hardship. The ministry reiterated its commitment to meeting obligations to Nigerian scholars and sustaining policies aimed at improving education and human capital development.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.