/ Aug 18, 2026
/ Aug 18, 2026

Bauchi woman strangles co-wife to death 

Published on

By

The Bauchi State Police Command has arrested a 28-year-old woman, Fatima Mohammed, for allegedly strangling her co-wife, Hajara Isa, to death in their matrimonial home.

The police confirmed the arrest in a statement by its spokesperson, Ahmed Wakil, on Tuesday.

Wakil said the command had launched a full investigation into the tragic incident.

He added that the case was reported on March 3, 2025, by Sale Isa, the husband of both women, who raised suspicions about the circumstances surrounding his wife’s death.

“On March 3, 2025, at about noon, one Sale Isa of Anguwan Sarakuna area, Bauchi, reported the incident, raising suspicions regarding the circumstances surrounding Hajara’s passing.

“Family members have indicated that they believe her co-wife may have a role in the incident,” the statement read.

Read Also:

20-year-old beats mother to death with pestle in Bauchi

According to the police, the incident happened on February 28, 2025, in the family home.

The Commissioner of Police, Auwal Muhammad, immediately ordered a team of detectives to investigate the matter.

Wakil said the investigation led to the arrest of Fatima Mohammed, who later confessed to the crime during interrogation.

He said, “During her questioning, she reportedly admitted to having strangulated her to death.

“She thereafter attempted to conceal the crime by pouring boiled water on her and burning her body with a melting Bagco sack.”

The police spokesperson said the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.

He added that the Commissioner of Police had set up a team of experienced homicide detectives to gather all evidence, including forensic and scientific tools, to ensure a thorough investigation.

“This team is dedicated to conducting a professional, diligent, and timely investigation to uncover the truth and address any uncertainties while ensuring that justice is pursued through a comprehensive approach, which may involve exhumation and the use of essential technical and scientific tools,” Wakil said.

The command assured the public that justice would be served, adding that all those found guilty would face the full weight of the law.

You May Like

2 thoughts on “Bauchi woman strangles co-wife to death 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

NDLEA officials destroy over 329,865 kilogrammes of illicit drugs worth ₦301 billion at Navy Town in Ojo, Lagos.

NDLEA destroys ₦301bn worth of cocaine, heroin and other drugs in Lagos

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has destroyed more than 329,865 kilogrammes of illicit drugs valued at ₦301 billion in Lagos.   The drugs were incinerated on Monday, August 17, at Navy Town in the Ojo area of the state in a court-ordered exercise covering uncontested concluded cases and abandoned seizures. According to Channels Television, the destroyed substances included cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, ephedrine, khat leaves and opioids such as tramadol and codeine syrup. Several varieties of cannabis, including Canadian Loud and skunk, were also destroyed. Seizures made across Lagos The NDLEA said the drugs were intercepted during operations carried out between April 2025 and May 2026. The agency’s Lagos Strategic Command accounted for 246,864.535kg, while specialised units operating across the state intercepted an additional 83,001.05kg. Those units included the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Tincan and Apapa Strategic Commands, the Marine Command and a Special Operations Unit. Speaking at the incineration site, NDLEA Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (retd.), said the destruction demonstrated the agency’s determination to disrupt drug trafficking networks. He warned drug barons and financiers that law enforcement agencies would continue to pursue them regardless of where they operated. Marwa also said drug interceptions help protect communities from addiction and impaired driving while reducing potential healthcare costs and disrupting criminal networks. Drugs linked to violent crime Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Bimbola Salu-Hundeyin, described the destruction as a reminder of the scale of the threat posed by illicit drugs. The Comptroller General of Customs, Bashir Adewale Adeniyi, linked the illicit drug trade to the activities of violent non-state actors. He said the destruction deprived drug dealers of investments worth billions of naira and denied violent groups resources that could support their activities. The Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abbas, represented by the Flag Officer Commanding Western Naval Command, Rear Admiral Abdullahi Mustapha, also pledged continued military support for the NDLEA’s anti-drug operations.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.