/ Aug 18, 2026
/ Aug 18, 2026

2baba: Missing or Just a Publicity Stunt?

Published on

By

2Baba, the ace Nigerian singer, has finally addressed claims by his family members that he was missing.

The Idibia family had petitioned the Department of State’s Services (DSS), claiming that the singer had been missing since February 10.

The letter said he left his residence in his lounge wear — suggesting that he was going for a habitual walk — but had not returned home since then.

However, 2Baba was spotted shopping with his new partner Natasha Osawaru, shortly after, which raised questions about the validity of the claims.

During a comedy show hosted by Acapella, the award-wining singer jokingly addressed the controversy.

The ‘African Queen’ hitmaker told concertgoers that he came to perform at the event in order to raise ransom for supposed kidnappers.

“Allegedly, I have been missing. Allegedly I have been kidnapped. So as we come Acapella show, this show is to generate money for the kidnappers to release me,” he said.

2Baba has been in the spotlight since he announced his split from his wife Annie Idibia in January. The singer also confirmed his relationship with Natasha a few days later.

He proposed to Osawaru, the deputy majority leader of Edo state house of assembly, in February, while insisting their relationship had nothing to do with his separation from Annie.

Who Is Natasha?

She is a 31-year-old politician and lawyer from Edo state. She is the daughter of Desmond Osawaru and Philomina Osawaru and the granddaughter of billionaire Gabriel Igbinedion.

Osawaru, who represents the Egor constituency in the house, is a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

You May Like

2 thoughts on “2baba: Missing or Just a Publicity Stunt?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

FCT officials demolishing a building obstructing a designated waterway in Maitama, Abuja, on August 18, 2026.

Maitama demolition begins as Wike orders removal of buildings on waterways

The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has commenced the demolition of buildings obstructing designated waterways in Maitama, Abuja, following recent flooding in parts of the capital.   The exercise began on Tuesday, August 18, after FCT Minister Nyesom Wike inspected areas affected by flooding and directed the FCT Department of Development Control to immediately remove structures built on or blocking water channels. Wike said the demolition would continue until Saturday, warning that no property owner would be exempted because of political influence or social status. “Some of them are senators. Some of them are big men,” Wike said while announcing the enforcement action. The minister said buildings found on designated water channels would be pulled down as part of efforts to restore drainage routes and reduce the risk of further flooding across the Federal Capital Territory. The demolition in Maitama marks the start of the enforcement exercise, with the FCTA expected to extend the operation to other areas where structures are found to be obstructing waterways. The move follows renewed concerns over flooding in Abuja after heavy rainfall affected Maitama and other parts of the city.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.