/ May 21, 2026
/ May 21, 2026

EPL: Szoboszlai’s stunning freekick gives Liverpool victory over Arsenal

Published on

By

Dominik Szoboszlai’s brilliant free-kick sealed a 1-0 victory for Liverpool over Arsenal in their English Premier League (EPL) encounter on Sunday.

The Hungarian midfielder capped a gritty display with the game’s best moment- a free-kick into the top corner in the second half of a hitherto dull match.

Arsenal, without injured Bukayo Saka, lost their first match of the season, and the defeat ended the Gunners’ 15-match unbeaten streak away from home.

‎The home side paraded their best line-ups, but the first half was a dull affair by both sides’ lofty standards.

The match ignited in the second period after Hugo Ekitike’s bundled shot was ruled out for offside, before Szoboszlai struck the winning goal in the 83rd minute.

Liverpool are the only EPL side with a perfect record in the league, having won all three matches, and claimed a first win in seven games against Arsenal.

The EPL defending champions climbed to the top of the league with nine points.

Elsewhere, Manchester City lost 2-1 away to Brighton despite taking the lead through Erling Haaland. Second-half goals by James Milner (penalty) and Brajan Gruda’s 89th-minute winner earned the

Seagulls’ consecutive home victories over Man City, who lost for a second time this season. Nottingham Forest also lost 3-0 at home to West Ham United, conceding all goals in the last five minutes of the match.

‎RESULTS

‎Brighton and Hove Albion 2-1 Manchester City

‎Nottingham Forest 0-3 West Ham United

‎Liverpool 1-0 Arsenal

You May Like

6 thoughts on “EPL: Szoboszlai’s stunning freekick gives Liverpool victory over Arsenal

  1. No long roads.
    No overexplaining.
    Only what matters, when it matters.

    Fresh signals.
    Clear mechanics.
    Moments that feel right — not forced.

    This is where rhythm meets timing,
    and timing quietly turns into advantage.

    You scroll — you get it.
    You stay — you feel it.

    https://t.me/s/portable_1WIN

    Slide in.
    Catch the flow.
    Stay where momentum lives.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Minister of Education Tunji Alausa announces payment of outstanding BEA scholarship allowances to Nigerian students abroad.

FG begins N4bn payment of outstanding BEA scholars’ allowances

The federal government has commenced the payment of N4 billion in outstanding allowances owed to beneficiaries of the Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA, scholarship programme studying abroad.   According to TheCable, the ministry of education confirmed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has remitted the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions for immediate disbursement to eligible scholars. In a statement issued on Wednesday by Boriowo Folasade, director of press and public relations, the ministry said the payment represents 50 per cent of the approved outstanding obligations for 2025. Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, said efforts are ongoing to clear the remaining balance. “The funds have already reached embassy accounts, and affected missions are expected to begin immediate payments to beneficiaries,” the statement said. The ministry advised affected students to monitor their accounts as payments begin to reflect. The federal government said the development reflects the commitment of President Bola Tinubu to the welfare and academic success of Nigerian students studying overseas. The BEA scholarship programme was established through agreements with countries including China, Russia, Algeria, Hungary, Morocco, Egypt and Serbia. Under the arrangement, host countries provide tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria pays allowances covering health insurance, medicals, books, transport and feeding. Last year, the federal government discontinued the programme for new applicants following allegations of fraud and concerns that the scheme had deviated from its original purpose. TheCable had earlier reported that delays in stipend payments left several Nigerian scholars stranded abroad, with some reportedly facing eviction and financial hardship. The ministry reiterated its commitment to meeting obligations to Nigerian scholars and sustaining policies aimed at improving education and human capital development.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.