/ May 21, 2026
/ May 21, 2026

Natasha threatens Senator Osita Ngwu over deleted WhatsApp comments

Published on

By

Federal lawmaker, Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan has publicly threatened her colleague from Enugu West Senatorial District, Osita Ngwu over deleted WhatsApp comments.

Although the details of the said WhatsApp interaction between the two Senators remain unknown, Akpoti-Uduaghan has threatened to bring up the issue on the floor of the Senate.

Akpoti-Uduaghan made the open threat on Senator Osita Ngwu in a Facebook post on Sunday.

She wrote, “Dear Senator Osita Ngwu of Enugu Enugu West Senatorial District, you will open responses in the Senators WhatsApp forum and repost my deleted comments.

“Else I’ll bring the discussion to the public domain.”

Recall that the Kogi Central Senator was suspended for six months in March over sex allegation against Senate President Godswill Akpabio.

However, after six months of her suspension, Senator Natasha returned to the Red Chamber in September.

The Kogi Central Senator, recently revealed why her senator colleagues did not show her support during her six months suspension from the National Assembly.

Natasha, who made the revelation during the commissioning of a new market in Okene, Kogi State, stated that fear of political persecution prevented many of her colleagues from showing her support during the period.

She confirmed that some senators reached out to her privately to express solidarity, stressing that they avoided public association with her for fear of political consequences.

You May Like

5 thoughts on “Natasha threatens Senator Osita Ngwu over deleted WhatsApp comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Minister of Education Tunji Alausa announces payment of outstanding BEA scholarship allowances to Nigerian students abroad.

FG begins N4bn payment of outstanding BEA scholars’ allowances

The federal government has commenced the payment of N4 billion in outstanding allowances owed to beneficiaries of the Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA, scholarship programme studying abroad.   According to TheCable, the ministry of education confirmed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has remitted the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions for immediate disbursement to eligible scholars. In a statement issued on Wednesday by Boriowo Folasade, director of press and public relations, the ministry said the payment represents 50 per cent of the approved outstanding obligations for 2025. Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, said efforts are ongoing to clear the remaining balance. “The funds have already reached embassy accounts, and affected missions are expected to begin immediate payments to beneficiaries,” the statement said. The ministry advised affected students to monitor their accounts as payments begin to reflect. The federal government said the development reflects the commitment of President Bola Tinubu to the welfare and academic success of Nigerian students studying overseas. The BEA scholarship programme was established through agreements with countries including China, Russia, Algeria, Hungary, Morocco, Egypt and Serbia. Under the arrangement, host countries provide tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria pays allowances covering health insurance, medicals, books, transport and feeding. Last year, the federal government discontinued the programme for new applicants following allegations of fraud and concerns that the scheme had deviated from its original purpose. TheCable had earlier reported that delays in stipend payments left several Nigerian scholars stranded abroad, with some reportedly facing eviction and financial hardship. The ministry reiterated its commitment to meeting obligations to Nigerian scholars and sustaining policies aimed at improving education and human capital development.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.