/ Aug 18, 2026
/ Aug 18, 2026

Brutal murder: Two arrested for beheading 10-year-old in Adamawa

Published on

By

The Adamawa State Police Command has recorded another significant breakthrough in its fight against violent crimes, as operatives attached to the Divisional Police Headquarters, Jada, have arrested two suspects for the brutal murder of a 10-year-old boy in Jada Local Government Area.

In a statement issued on Sunday, the spokesman, CSP Suleiman Nguroje, stated that police operatives arrested one Ibrahim Abdul Malik, 27 years old, and Aliyu Abdul Malik, 18 years old, both residents of Anguwan Sarkin Yamma, Jada, in connection with the crime.

“The duo were alleged to have killed and beheaded a 10-year-old Almajiri, identified as Abdalla Lawali, of Anguwar Dubai, Jada.

“The victim was reported missing on March 7, 2025. Since then, a search has been ongoing to trace the missing child.”

He added, “Upon receiving information on the suspects’ involvement. The Commissioner of Police, CP Dankombo Morris, deployed security to the scene, where the decomposed body of the deceased was recovered in a sack bag.

Read Also:

Three men in police custody for beheading man, wife in Abia

“The search warrant was further executed at the suspects’ residence where the head was buried in a shallow grave within the house premises.”

According to the statement, during an investigation, the suspects confessed to committing the crime, regretted the action and blamed the devil for their action.

The CP condemned the barbaric behaviour and directed the case to be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for discreet investigation and diligent prosecution.

He assured the public that justice would be served and called on parents and guardians to be vigilant and report any suspicious movements around their neighbourhood to the police.

You May Like

One thought on “Brutal murder: Two arrested for beheading 10-year-old in Adamawa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

FCT officials demolishing a building obstructing a designated waterway in Maitama, Abuja, on August 18, 2026.

Flood: Election or not, Abuja will demolish houses on drainage ways – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has ordered the demolition of houses built on drainage channels in Abuja, warning that no property owner will be spared in the enforcement.   Wike announced the decision during a press briefing on Tuesday, August 18, 2026, following recent flooding in parts of the Federal Capital Territory. According to Channels Television, the minister said the flooding had exposed the consequences of developments obstructing designated waterways and drainage channels. He said the affected properties include those belonging to wealthy Nigerians and prominent individuals, dismissing suggestions that the enforcement would target ordinary residents. The FCT Administration has identified buildings obstructing waterways and plans to commence demolitions between Tuesday and Saturday. Wike also rejected claims that the exercise was politically motivated because of the approaching elections. “Election or not,” the minister said, the government would demolish houses obstructing waterways because “the right thing has to be done.” He maintained that political considerations would not prevent the government from enforcing Abuja’s master plan and addressing structures contributing to flooding.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.