/ May 21, 2026
/ May 21, 2026

Kwankwaso holds special prayer in Kano ahead of Supreme Court judgment

Published on

By

The leader of the Kwankwasiyya political camp and the presidential candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP), Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, on Monday, December 25, held a special prayer session at his Kano residence.

The Supreme Court led by a five-member panel of justices presided by Justice Inyang Okoro on Thursday, December 21, reserved judgment after listening to lawyers in the matter.

The prayer which was organised by an Islamic group, Mu’assatul Kwankwasiyya, was aimed at seeking God’s intervention ahead of the anticipated Kano governorship dispute verdict by the Supreme Court.

The prayer was led by Mallam Yahaya Sufi, Mallam Ashiru Nata’ala, Mallam Bazallahi Nasiru Kabara, and Mallam Sadiq Isiyaku Rabiu.

Read Also:

Appeal court sacks Kwankwaso, upholds Datti’s election

While observing the prayers, the clerics prayed for the success of Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf at the Supreme Court and the sustenance of peace and tranquillity in the state.

The prayer session was also attended by some cabinet members of the incumbent administration, other political appointees, and supporters of the Kwankwasiyya movement.

The majority of members of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) in Kano state had equally observed special fasting and called for intense prayers shortly after the Supreme Court hearing.

You May Like

2 thoughts on “Kwankwaso holds special prayer in Kano ahead of Supreme Court judgment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Minister of Education Tunji Alausa announces payment of outstanding BEA scholarship allowances to Nigerian students abroad.

FG begins N4bn payment of outstanding BEA scholars’ allowances

The federal government has commenced the payment of N4 billion in outstanding allowances owed to beneficiaries of the Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA, scholarship programme studying abroad.   According to TheCable, the ministry of education confirmed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has remitted the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions for immediate disbursement to eligible scholars. In a statement issued on Wednesday by Boriowo Folasade, director of press and public relations, the ministry said the payment represents 50 per cent of the approved outstanding obligations for 2025. Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, said efforts are ongoing to clear the remaining balance. “The funds have already reached embassy accounts, and affected missions are expected to begin immediate payments to beneficiaries,” the statement said. The ministry advised affected students to monitor their accounts as payments begin to reflect. The federal government said the development reflects the commitment of President Bola Tinubu to the welfare and academic success of Nigerian students studying overseas. The BEA scholarship programme was established through agreements with countries including China, Russia, Algeria, Hungary, Morocco, Egypt and Serbia. Under the arrangement, host countries provide tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria pays allowances covering health insurance, medicals, books, transport and feeding. Last year, the federal government discontinued the programme for new applicants following allegations of fraud and concerns that the scheme had deviated from its original purpose. TheCable had earlier reported that delays in stipend payments left several Nigerian scholars stranded abroad, with some reportedly facing eviction and financial hardship. The ministry reiterated its commitment to meeting obligations to Nigerian scholars and sustaining policies aimed at improving education and human capital development.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.