/ Aug 17, 2026
/ Aug 17, 2026

Makinde sacks commissioner in Oyo cabinet reshuffle

Published on

By

Oyo State Governor Seyi Makinde has relieved the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Inclusion, Toyin Balogun, of her appointment as part of a minor cabinet reshuffle.

 

According to The Guardian Nigeria, Makinde redeployed Alhaja Faosat Joke Sanni to head the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Inclusion with immediate effect. Sanni replaces Balogun, whom the governor thanked for her service and wished success in her future endeavours.

Sanni previously served as Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Inclusion between 2019 and 2023 before being moved to the Ministry of Special Duties. She was later redeployed to the Ministry of Trade, Industry, Investment and Cooperative prior to her latest appointment.

The reshuffle follows other recent appointments by the governor. On Tuesday, Makinde forwarded the name of Dr. Olabode Taiwo Ladipo, the Permanent Secretary for General Administration, to the Oyo State House of Assembly for confirmation as a commissioner.

The governor also appointed Arc. Ifeoluwa Akande as Chairman of the Samuel Ladoke Akintola Airport Upgrade Committee, Honourable Isola Abiodun Adekunle as Executive Adviser on Intra-Party Affairs, and Hon. Oladejo Emmanuel Oladokun as a Part-Time Member of the Local Government Service Commission.

A statement signed by the Chief of Staff to the Governor, Otunba Segun Ogunwuyi, said the appointments and redeployment took effect from July 1, 2026.

Makinde congratulated the newly appointed officials and urged them to carry out their responsibilities with dedication, loyalty and commitment.

You May Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

FCT Commissioner of Police Ahmed Sanusi inspects personnel of the newly launched Violent Crime Response Unit during its inauguration in Abuja.

Police arrest son over hacking his mother to death with a machete in Ondo

A man, Samuel Akoade, has been arrested by the Ondo State Police Command for allegedly hacking his mother, Olufunke Akoade, to death in Ore, Odigbo Local Government Area of the state.   The incident occurred around 5pm on Sunday, August 16, 2026, in the Powerline area of Ore, according to a report by PUNCH. The police said the deceased was found at her residence in a pool of blood after sustaining deep machete injuries. A machete suspected to have been used in the attack was recovered at the scene. The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, confirmed the arrest on Monday, saying the suspect initially fled before police operatives from the Ore Division apprehended him. “The suspected assailant, initially identified simply as Samuel, was reported to have fled the scene before the arrival of the police. However, following sustained efforts by the operatives, Samuel Akoade was subsequently arrested and taken into police custody,” Jimoh said. The victim’s remains have been deposited at a mortuary, while the suspect remains in police custody. The case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department in Akure for further investigation. The Commissioner of Police, Felix Ohagwu, directed that the circumstances surrounding the killing be thoroughly investigated and that anyone found culpable be brought to justice.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.