/ May 20, 2026
/ May 20, 2026

MTN Nigeria unveils “My Lagos App” in Lagos

Published on

By

The Lagos State government, in collaboration with MTN Nigeria, has launched the ‘My Lagos App’ aimed at making urban living in the state more seamless and efficient. The app was unveiled at MTN Plaza, Ikoyi, Lagos in a bid to make urban life in the city seamless and easy.

 

The app is designed to provide a range of features that enhance various activities, promoting economic growth, accountability, transparency, and real-time updates.

 

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, represented by Deputy Governor Dr. Kadiri Obafemi Hamzat, highlighted the importance of this digital solution in a rapidly growing city like Lagos. The app serves as a vital link between the government and citizens, promoting accountability, transparency, and real-time updates.

Read Also:

Nigerian Students vow to protest at MTN head office over tariff hike

 

“The app is a comprehensive digital solution that provides seamless access to essential city services, including real-time traffic updates, personalised navigation, emergency services, utility payment services, business listings, and tourism information; the app will serve as a vital link between the the government and the citizens, it simplifies access to public services, promotes accountability and transparency, provide real time update,”Mr Governor said

 

Sanwo- Olu emphasised the importance of such collaboration between the government and private sectors, adding that “this partnership exemplifies the power of synergy between the Public and private sectors in driving meaningful progress.”

 

The governor encouraged Lagos residents to make use of this platform “as we are now in the digital age as technology is no longer luxury but necessity “I urge everyone in Lagos to embrace this app, download it, explore its features and fully utilize the services that it offers,” he said.

You May Like

2 thoughts on “MTN Nigeria unveils “My Lagos App” in Lagos

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Minister of Education Tunji Alausa announces payment of outstanding BEA scholarship allowances to Nigerian students abroad.

FG begins N4bn payment of outstanding BEA scholars’ allowances

The federal government has commenced the payment of N4 billion in outstanding allowances owed to beneficiaries of the Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA, scholarship programme studying abroad.   According to TheCable, the ministry of education confirmed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has remitted the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions for immediate disbursement to eligible scholars. In a statement issued on Wednesday by Boriowo Folasade, director of press and public relations, the ministry said the payment represents 50 per cent of the approved outstanding obligations for 2025. Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, said efforts are ongoing to clear the remaining balance. “The funds have already reached embassy accounts, and affected missions are expected to begin immediate payments to beneficiaries,” the statement said. The ministry advised affected students to monitor their accounts as payments begin to reflect. The federal government said the development reflects the commitment of President Bola Tinubu to the welfare and academic success of Nigerian students studying overseas. The BEA scholarship programme was established through agreements with countries including China, Russia, Algeria, Hungary, Morocco, Egypt and Serbia. Under the arrangement, host countries provide tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria pays allowances covering health insurance, medicals, books, transport and feeding. Last year, the federal government discontinued the programme for new applicants following allegations of fraud and concerns that the scheme had deviated from its original purpose. TheCable had earlier reported that delays in stipend payments left several Nigerian scholars stranded abroad, with some reportedly facing eviction and financial hardship. The ministry reiterated its commitment to meeting obligations to Nigerian scholars and sustaining policies aimed at improving education and human capital development.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.