/ Aug 21, 2026
/ Aug 21, 2026

NFA Air strikes destroy illegal refineries, Boko Haram/ISWAP hideout in Borno, Rivers

Published on

By

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) said airstrikes conducted by the air component of Operation Hadin Kai have destroyed Boko Haram/Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) hideout and logistic base along the fringes of Lake Tchad, in Borno State.

It also said that airstrikes conducted in the Niger Delta region destroyed illegal refineries in Bille, a rural community in Degema Local Government Area of Rivers State.

The NAF in a statement issued on Friday, September 1, by its spokesperson, Air Commodore Edward Gabkwet, said the air strikes against terrorists, militants, and oil thieves would continue unabetted across the country in order to deny criminal elements the freedom to cause havoc against innocent civilians, the environment and the country’s economy.

The statement said the air strikes were conducted against Boko Haram/ISWAP terrorists near Arina Woje earlier on Friday after “it was confirmed that terrorists and their injured cohorts have continued to use the location, which is situated in the Southern Tumbuns near Lake Tchad, as a hideout.”

“Credible intelligence had further revealed that the location remained active with some other terrorists using the area to store their weapons and other logistics,” the statement said.

Read Also:

NAF airstrike only targets and kills terrorists

“Consequently, approval was given for the air strikes with the resounding success recorded based on the huge cloud of smoke and fire observed as well as feedback from locals at the fringes of the location.”

It said the area was earlier bombed by NAF jets on 13 June 2023, with resounding success, but it was later discovered that some terrorists, returned to the area to hide, after they felt much heat from the military where they had fled to.

According to the statement, several air strikes were also carried out in the Niger Delta area of the country.

It said airstrikes were conducted in Bille, a rural community in Degema Local Government Area of Rivers State, which it said was becoming well-known for numerous illegal oil refining activities.

The statement said: “One of such strikes, carried out on 31 August 2023, became necessary after an active illegal refining site with reservoirs and storage tanks suspected to be containing illegally refined products was observed.

“The strikes aimed at denying, discouraging, and destroying the activities of oil thieves, which has continued to damage the environment as well as the economy of the nation, was deemed successful.”

The NAF said it would continue air strikes in all troubled spots and areas where illegal criminal activities are known to occur.

“These operations will also be in liaison with other security and government agencies until the activities of these criminals are reduced to the barest minimum.”

You May Like

4 thoughts on “NFA Air strikes destroy illegal refineries, Boko Haram/ISWAP hideout in Borno, Rivers

  1. В мире игр, где каждый площадка пытается заманить заверениями простых призов, рейтинг честных казино
    превращается той самой ориентиром, что проводит через дебри рисков. Игрокам хайроллеров да дебютантов, которые надоел из-за пустых заверений, это средство, чтоб ощутить настоящую выплату, словно вес выигрышной монеты в руке. Без лишней ерунды, лишь реальные клубы, в которых отдача не лишь число, а ощутимая удача.Составлено по поисковых поисков, будто ловушка, что ловит наиболее актуальные тренды на рунете. Здесь минуя роли для клише фишек, каждый элемент будто ход в игре, там подвох проявляется сразу. Профи понимают: по России стиль речи с сарказмом, где юмор скрывается словно совет, помогает миновать рисков.На http://www.don8play.ru этот список ждёт будто открытая карта, готовый для старту. Зайди, когда желаешь увидеть биение подлинной игры, без мифов плюс провалов. Игрокам тех знает ощущение удачи, он как держать ставку в ладонях, минуя смотреть на дисплей.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Plateau State Governor Caleb Mutfwang addressing residents and victims of banditry in Mangu on August 20, 2026.

Plateau attack: Mutfwang vows nobody will take over Mangu land

Plateau State Governor Caleb Mutfwang has assured residents of Mangu Local Government Area that his administration will do everything within its powers to protect their ancestral land following a series of deadly attacks.   Mutfwang gave the assurance on Thursday, August 20, 2026, when he visited Bin Mper community in Kombun District, where several people were killed and others injured in an attack. The governor described the incident as “barbaric, senseless and unacceptable”, saying the loss of innocent lives was not only an attack on the community but also a direct affront to him and the Plateau State Government. “This is not an attack on the community alone; it is an attack on me,” Mutfwang said, adding that the government would strengthen existing security measures and adopt additional strategies to protect vulnerable communities. He said the police had arrested some suspects and pledged that the matter would be pursued to its logical conclusion. Mangu attacks raise fresh security concerns The latest attack came amid growing insecurity in Mangu, with several attacks reportedly recorded in the area within a week. The governor called for more proactive, intelligence-driven and coordinated security operations to prevent attacks before they occur. He also urged residents to remain peaceful, vigilant and law-abiding while working with traditional institutions, government authorities and security agencies. Following Tuesday’s deadly attack on the Bi Mper community, the General Officer Commanding 3 Division of the Nigerian Army, Major General Maxwell Dangana, moved his tactical office to Mangu for two weeks. The military has also launched Operation Hard Nut, aimed at flushing out terrorists and restoring normalcy in the area. The Plateau State Police Command separately announced the arrest of a suspected mastermind in connection with the attack. Mutfwang also visited the Mishkagham Mwaghavul, Da. John Putmang Hirse, to sympathise with bereaved families and the wider Mwaghavul community. Hirse described the attack as deliberate and senseless, stressing that residents had lived peacefully with their neighbours and accommodated visitors. He said the Mwaghavul people would remain peaceful and law-abiding, insisting that intimidation would not force them to abandon their ancestral land. The governor’s visit followed a security briefing from the Army commander and included senior government officials and security chiefs in the state.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.