/ Aug 20, 2026
/ Aug 20, 2026

Six boys gang-rape girl in Anambra, victim’s mother calls attention to missing pants

Published on

By

Six suspects identified as Afam Ezenwa, Chijioke Ifeanyi, Collins Obadom, Abuchi Okechukwu, Chima Obiekezie and Sunday Okafor have been arrested for allegedly gang-raping a 19-year-old girl in Anam, Anambra West Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The suspects, aged 16, 17, 18, 20, and 27, respectively, were said to have carried out the act after ambushing and forcing the victim into a room, where they took turns to defile her.

Narrating her ordeal, the teenager (name withheld), said the incident happened when she visited her maternal home in Oramaetiti and got ambushed by the boys.

She explained that despite her plea, they did not stop while one of them filmed the act.

She also stated that after she was rescued by some neighbours who heard her cry for help, she left for her house.

However, she was reportedly accosted on her way home by another set of boys, who harassed and ordered her to pull down her pants while threatening to kill her.

She revealed that a good Samaritan took her to her parents after the boys fled with her pants.

Her mother said she was the third victim of the hoodlums, adding that they were known for raping girls and collecting their pants for ritual purposes.

She, therefore, urged the state government not to take the case lightly as her daughter’s life was at risk, especially as the pants had not been retrieved.

Read Also:

Blind man rapes 13-year-old girl in Lagos

Confirming the incident to journalists in Awka on Saturday, the state Commissioner for Women and Social Welfare, Ify Obinabo, said the suspects had been arrested and transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Awka, where they would be charged.

Obinabo noted that the arrest was carried out following a viral video on social media showing the gang rape of the teenager.

She said, “The high rate of crime among delinquents in Anambra is alarming. Parents and guardians should stop sparing the rod, thereby spoiling the child.”

You May Like

One thought on “Six boys gang-rape girl in Anambra, victim’s mother calls attention to missing pants

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

NAPTIP operatives seal a suspected maternity facility in Port Harcourt during an investigation into alleged child trafficking and baby sales.

NAPTIP seals maternity home over alleged ₦13.5m baby sale

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has sealed a suspected illegal maternity facility in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, and arrested three people over an alleged ₦13.5 million baby sale.   The development was reported by Channels Television on Thursday, August 20, 2026. The suspects include the owner of the facility, an alleged facilitator of the baby transfer and a staff member, according to NAPTIP. The agency said the facility, located in the Elelenwo area of Port Harcourt, was allegedly operating from a residential apartment. NAPTIP said its operatives from Abuja and Rivers State carried out the operation alongside officials of the Rivers State Ministry of Health after receiving intelligence about a suspected child-trafficking syndicate involved in the procurement, sale and unlawful transfer of children. Preliminary investigations reportedly showed that a Liberian national residing in Belgium arrived in Nigeria without evidence of pregnancy but allegedly took custody of three children within about one month. NAPTIP said intelligence available to investigators indicated that about ₦13.5 million may have changed hands in connection with the transfer of the three children. Investigators are working to establish the identities, whereabouts and welfare of the children, as well as determine their biological and legal parentage. They are also tracing financial transactions and investigating the possible involvement of medical personnel and other individuals. The agency said the maternity facility was sealed to preserve potential evidence as investigations continue. NAPTIP vows prosecution NAPTIP Director-General, Binta Bello, expressed concern over the alleged involvement of some maternity and healthcare facilities in illegal adoption, child sales and trafficking. Bello said the agency was expanding its investigation to identify everyone connected to the alleged operation and warned that those found culpable would face prosecution under the law. She also urged members of the public to report suspected cases of child trafficking, illegal adoption, baby-selling and other forms of exploitation to NAPTIP. The agency said the operation was part of a nationwide crackdown on fraudulent maternity and healthcare facilities allegedly operating as so-called baby factories.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.