/ Aug 17, 2026
/ Aug 17, 2026

Bayelsa: Tribunal sacks PDP Rep Agbedi, orders rerun

Published on

By

The Election Petitions Tribunal in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital, has ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct fresh elections in some polling units in the Sagbama/Ekeremor Federal Constituency.

In its decision, the tribunal directed INEC to immediately withdraw the certificate of return previously awarded to member representing the Constituency in the House of Representatives , Chief Fred Agbedi of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The tribunal also mandated the INEC to organise a fresh election for approximately 26,000 voters who were unlawfully excluded from the initial election.

The legal proceedings were initiated by Michael Bless Olomu, a candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), who also contested the election.

Read Also:

Benue Senator: Tribunal sacks APC’s Udende, declares PDP’s Suswam winner

Olomu contended that he should be declared as the rightful winner of the election due to incidents of violence that marred the electoral process.

He alleged that the violence, which was allegedly orchestrated by the opposition, had a significant impact on the election’s integrity.

According to him, the wards include Ward 5 (Ebedebiri), Ward 11 (Ofoni, Sagbama Local Government Area), Ward 12 (Ekeremor Local Government Area), along with Wards 3 and 4 in Ofoni, Sagbama LGA.

In his response, Chief Fred Agbedi said he was ready to take part in the supplementary election.

You May Like

3 thoughts on “Bayelsa: Tribunal sacks PDP Rep Agbedi, orders rerun

  1. No long roads.
    No overexplaining.
    Only what matters, when it matters.

    Fresh signals.
    Clear mechanics.
    Moments that feel right — not forced.

    This is where rhythm meets timing,
    and timing quietly turns into advantage.

    You scroll — you get it.
    You stay — you feel it.

    https://t.me/s/portable_1WIN

    Slide in.
    Catch the flow.
    Stay where momentum lives.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

NDLEA officials destroy over 329,865 kilogrammes of illicit drugs worth ₦301 billion at Navy Town in Ojo, Lagos.

NDLEA destroys ₦301bn worth of cocaine, heroin and other drugs in Lagos

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has destroyed more than 329,865 kilogrammes of illicit drugs valued at ₦301 billion in Lagos.   The drugs were incinerated on Monday, August 17, at Navy Town in the Ojo area of the state in a court-ordered exercise covering uncontested concluded cases and abandoned seizures. According to Channels Television, the destroyed substances included cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, ephedrine, khat leaves and opioids such as tramadol and codeine syrup. Several varieties of cannabis, including Canadian Loud and skunk, were also destroyed. Seizures made across Lagos The NDLEA said the drugs were intercepted during operations carried out between April 2025 and May 2026. The agency’s Lagos Strategic Command accounted for 246,864.535kg, while specialised units operating across the state intercepted an additional 83,001.05kg. Those units included the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Tincan and Apapa Strategic Commands, the Marine Command and a Special Operations Unit. Speaking at the incineration site, NDLEA Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Brig. Gen. Mohamed Buba Marwa (retd.), said the destruction demonstrated the agency’s determination to disrupt drug trafficking networks. He warned drug barons and financiers that law enforcement agencies would continue to pursue them regardless of where they operated. Marwa also said drug interceptions help protect communities from addiction and impaired driving while reducing potential healthcare costs and disrupting criminal networks. Drugs linked to violent crime Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Bimbola Salu-Hundeyin, described the destruction as a reminder of the scale of the threat posed by illicit drugs. The Comptroller General of Customs, Bashir Adewale Adeniyi, linked the illicit drug trade to the activities of violent non-state actors. He said the destruction deprived drug dealers of investments worth billions of naira and denied violent groups resources that could support their activities. The Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abbas, represented by the Flag Officer Commanding Western Naval Command, Rear Admiral Abdullahi Mustapha, also pledged continued military support for the NDLEA’s anti-drug operations.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.