/ May 18, 2026
/ May 18, 2026

BREAKING: Appeal Court affirms Sanwo-Olu’s election

Published on

By

The Appeal Court sitting in Lagos has affirmed the Tribunal’s verdict on the re-election of Babajide Sanwo-Olu and Obafemi Hamzat as the Governor and Deputy Governor of Lagos state, respectively.

The judgement was delivered by a three-man panel – Justice Yargata Nimpa, Justice Samuel Bola, and Justice Paul Bassey, on Wednesday.

Read Also:

BREAKING: Lagos Assembly confirms Omotoso, Abayomi, 13 others for Sanwo-Olu’s cabinet

The court unanimously dismissed the appeal of the Peoples Democratic Party and its candidate in the March 18, 2023, governorship election in the state for lack of merit.

You May Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Map of Mali as reports emerge of drone strikes killing civilians in central village wedding gathering

Mali drone strikes kill 10 civilians at traditional wedding gathering

At least 10 civilians were killed in central Mali after military drone strikes hit villagers preparing for a traditional mass wedding, according to reports by AFP published via Channels Television. The attack happened in the Tene locality in the San region on Sunday, turning what residents described as a celebration into mourning. Local sources told AFP that those killed were among villagers making final preparations for the community wedding event. A resident, speaking anonymously to AFP, said 10 young people died in the strike, adding that the village had been expecting a joyful occasion before the tragedy unfolded. Security sources cited by AFP said the military targeted a procession of motorbikes travelling in formation, which may have drawn the attention of surveillance drones. A local elected official also confirmed the death toll, saying the strike hit shortly before the wedding ceremony. The incident comes as Mali’s military government faces growing instability after a wave of coordinated attacks in late April by jihadist groups linked to al-Qaeda and separatist forces. The offensive targeted key northern towns and reportedly killed the country’s defence minister. The violence has intensified around northern regions including Kidal, where separatist groups from the Azawad Liberation Front and allied militants have seized control of several towns. The capital, Bamako, has also reportedly been affected by a blockade. Mali has faced prolonged insecurity since 2012, with armed groups linked to al-Qaeda, the Islamic State, separatist factions and criminal networks fuelling conflict across large parts of the country.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.