/ May 18, 2026
/ May 18, 2026

BREAKING: Police concludes Mohbad’s autopsy 

Published on

By

The Lagos State Police Command had said the autopsy conducted on Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly known as Mohbad, had been concluded.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed this to reporters during a telephone conversation on Thursday.

He said, “Autopsy has been concluded. Awaiting results.”

Earlier on, while responding to an enquiry by our correspondent concerning arrests made by the police in connection with the late singer’s death, Hundeyin said, “I can’t answer questions on the arrests yet because I don’t have that update. However, the nurse is in our custody; I can confirm that.”

Read Also:

Police Academy: Cadet dies from starvation in Academy – Kano

The acting Inspector-General of Police, Olukayode Egbetokun, had earlier issued a direct and urgent directive to the Lagos state Commissioner of Police, Idowu Owohynwa, instructing to initiate a swift and comprehensive investigation into the tragic passing of Mohbad.

Adejobi said, “The acting Inspector-General of Police, Olukayode Egbetokun, has issued a direct and urgent directive to the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, instructing him to initiate a swift and comprehensive investigation into the tragic passing of Ilerioluwa Oladimeji Aloba, widely known as Mohbad.

“This directive was conveyed during a brief but crucial discussion at the Police Airwing Hangar, Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, on Saturday, September 16, 2023. He tasked the CP to quickly and effectively unravel the truth behind the tragedy as there have been understandable concerns and speculations surrounding the circumstances of his untimely demise.

“The Nigeria Police Force hereby earnestly urges any family members or close associates possessing valuable information pertaining to this case to come forward and cooperate with the Lagos State Police Command to ensure that justice is served and the circumstances surrounding Mohbad’s demise are thoroughly examined.”

You May Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Nasir El-Rufai leaves court after being granted N100 million bail by the Federal High Court in Abuja.

BREAKING: Court grants El-Rufai N100m bail with strict conditions

Nasir El-Rufai has been granted bail in the sum of N100 million by the Federal High Court in Abuja, as legal proceedings against the former governor continue. According to The Nation, Justice Joyce Abdulmalik ruled on Monday that El-Rufai must provide one surety in like sum to secure his release. The court imposed stringent conditions. The surety must be resident in Maitama or Asokoro in Abuja and must submit the original Certificate of Occupancy for a landed property to the court registry. The surety is also required to be a federal civil servant not below Grade Level 17. Justice Abdulmalik further ordered the surety to provide proof of salary payments for at least three months, backed by a verification letter from the surety’s bank manager within the court’s jurisdiction. Additional requirements include an affidavit of means, execution of a bail bond and submission of a recent passport photograph. The court also directed El-Rufai to surrender all valid international passports and to report monthly to the Department of State Services headquarters every last Friday at 10am to sign an attendance register pending the conclusion of the trial. In a further condition, the former governor must submit a letter of attestation from the Kaduna Traditional Council. Justice Abdulmalik warned that any breach of the bail terms would lead to automatic revocation. The Nation reported that the matter has drawn heightened attention following earlier proceedings involving allegations linked to the interception of conversations involving Nuhu Ribadu.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.