/ Aug 20, 2026
/ Aug 20, 2026

Butcher’s murder: Government vows to handle blasphemers in Sokoto

Published on

By

The Sokoto State Governor, Ahmed Aliyu, has vowed that his administration will deal decisively with anyone who commits ‘blasphemy’ against the Islamic Prophet Muhammad bin Abdullah (PBUH).

The governor made the revelation in a statement signed by his spokesperson, Abubakar Bawa, while warning against any act capable of “degrading the personality of Prophet Muhammad SAW, especially in a state like Sokoto, which is predominantly a Muslim-dominated community.”

Media reports that the Sokoto State Police Command had earlier confirmed the murder of a butcher, Usman Buda, who was killed on Sunday by extremist Muslims over an alleged blasphemous comment.

Some of Buda’s closest business partners in the market who made attempts to rescue him were also injured by the extremists, and now receiving medical treatment.

This was as the police promised to investigate the incident and bring perpetrators to book.

Reacting to the development, Bawa said there’s a need for all the residents to respect and protect the prophet’s dignity and personality.

The statement read, “Sokoto State Governor, Dr. Ahmed Aliyu, has called on the people of the state to remain calm and law-abiding at all times. The governor cautioned the people against any act capable of degrading the personality of Prophet Muhammad SAW, especially in a state like Sokoto, which is a predominantly Muslim-dominated community.

“Dr Aliyu said that Sokoto people have so much respect and regard for Prophet Muhammad SAW, hence the need for all the residents to respect, protect his dignity and personality.

“I want to call on the people of Sokoto State to avoid taking laws into their own hands and instead report any alleged crime or blasphemy to the appropriate quarters for necessary action.

“Our religion does not encourage taking laws into one’s hands, so let us try to be good followers of our religion,” he appealed.

Aliyu’s spokesperson further noted that the governor has warned would-be troublemakers to have a change of mind, adding that Sokoto is the wrong place for them.

Bawa said, “He added that the present administration will not take the issue of blasphemy lightly, and will deal decisively with anyone found guilty of any act aimed at degrading the personality of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, in line with the provision of Islamic laws.

“The governor assured the people of the state of his administration’s commitment to guarantee the safety of lives and property of all law-abiding citizens.

“The governor also warned would-be troublemakers to have a change of mind, adding that Sokoto is a wrong place for them.”

You May Like

4 thoughts on “Butcher’s murder: Government vows to handle blasphemers in Sokoto

  1. This is nicely put. !
    casino en ligne
    Fantastic knowledge, Kudos.
    casino en ligne
    Truly all kinds of useful material!
    casino en ligne
    Regards! Great information.
    casino en ligne
    You said it adequately.!
    casino en ligne
    Wow many of good data.
    casino en ligne
    Fantastic info Appreciate it.
    casino en ligne
    You actually reported it terrifically.
    casino en ligne
    Kudos, Helpful stuff.
    casino en ligne
    Regards, Plenty of knowledge!
    casino en ligne

  2. No long roads.
    No overexplaining.
    Only what matters, when it matters.

    Fresh signals.
    Clear mechanics.
    Moments that feel right — not forced.

    This is where rhythm meets timing,
    and timing quietly turns into advantage.

    You scroll — you get it.
    You stay — you feel it.

    https://t.me/s/portable_1WIN

    Slide in.
    Catch the flow.
    Stay where momentum lives.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

NAPTIP operatives seal a suspected maternity facility in Port Harcourt during an investigation into alleged child trafficking and baby sales.

NAPTIP seals maternity home over alleged ₦13.5m baby sale

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) has sealed a suspected illegal maternity facility in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, and arrested three people over an alleged ₦13.5 million baby sale.   The development was reported by Channels Television on Thursday, August 20, 2026. The suspects include the owner of the facility, an alleged facilitator of the baby transfer and a staff member, according to NAPTIP. The agency said the facility, located in the Elelenwo area of Port Harcourt, was allegedly operating from a residential apartment. NAPTIP said its operatives from Abuja and Rivers State carried out the operation alongside officials of the Rivers State Ministry of Health after receiving intelligence about a suspected child-trafficking syndicate involved in the procurement, sale and unlawful transfer of children. Preliminary investigations reportedly showed that a Liberian national residing in Belgium arrived in Nigeria without evidence of pregnancy but allegedly took custody of three children within about one month. NAPTIP said intelligence available to investigators indicated that about ₦13.5 million may have changed hands in connection with the transfer of the three children. Investigators are working to establish the identities, whereabouts and welfare of the children, as well as determine their biological and legal parentage. They are also tracing financial transactions and investigating the possible involvement of medical personnel and other individuals. The agency said the maternity facility was sealed to preserve potential evidence as investigations continue. NAPTIP vows prosecution NAPTIP Director-General, Binta Bello, expressed concern over the alleged involvement of some maternity and healthcare facilities in illegal adoption, child sales and trafficking. Bello said the agency was expanding its investigation to identify everyone connected to the alleged operation and warned that those found culpable would face prosecution under the law. She also urged members of the public to report suspected cases of child trafficking, illegal adoption, baby-selling and other forms of exploitation to NAPTIP. The agency said the operation was part of a nationwide crackdown on fraudulent maternity and healthcare facilities allegedly operating as so-called baby factories.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.