/ May 21, 2026
/ May 21, 2026

Legendary Italian designer Giorgio Armani is dead

Published on

By

Italian fashion icon Giorgio Armani has died at the age of 91.

Armani, celebrated as the very embodiment of Italian elegance, transformed global fashion with his sleek, minimalist approach to tailoring.

Born in 1934 in Piacenza, northern Italy, Armani began his career in window dressing before moving into fashion design in the 1960s.

Beyond clothing, Armani built one of the most powerful luxury empires in the world, spanning accessories, fragrances, cosmetics, interior design, sports sponsorships, and a chain of exclusive hotels.

In a statement posted on the official Armani Instagram page, the brand said the designer worked until his final days, never slowing down despite his age.

“He was indefatigable to the end,” the tribute read.

Armani’s death marks the end of an era for Italian fashion, leaving behind a legacy of elegance, discipline, and global influence that few designers have ever matched.

You May Like

5 thoughts on “Legendary Italian designer Giorgio Armani is dead

  1. My brother suggested I might like this website. He used to be entirely right. This submit truly made my day. You can not imagine just how so much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Minister of Education Tunji Alausa announces payment of outstanding BEA scholarship allowances to Nigerian students abroad.

FG begins N4bn payment of outstanding BEA scholars’ allowances

The federal government has commenced the payment of N4 billion in outstanding allowances owed to beneficiaries of the Bilateral Education Agreement, BEA, scholarship programme studying abroad.   According to TheCable, the ministry of education confirmed that the Central Bank of Nigeria has remitted the approved funds to Nigerian embassies and missions for immediate disbursement to eligible scholars. In a statement issued on Wednesday by Boriowo Folasade, director of press and public relations, the ministry said the payment represents 50 per cent of the approved outstanding obligations for 2025. Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, said efforts are ongoing to clear the remaining balance. “The funds have already reached embassy accounts, and affected missions are expected to begin immediate payments to beneficiaries,” the statement said. The ministry advised affected students to monitor their accounts as payments begin to reflect. The federal government said the development reflects the commitment of President Bola Tinubu to the welfare and academic success of Nigerian students studying overseas. The BEA scholarship programme was established through agreements with countries including China, Russia, Algeria, Hungary, Morocco, Egypt and Serbia. Under the arrangement, host countries provide tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria pays allowances covering health insurance, medicals, books, transport and feeding. Last year, the federal government discontinued the programme for new applicants following allegations of fraud and concerns that the scheme had deviated from its original purpose. TheCable had earlier reported that delays in stipend payments left several Nigerian scholars stranded abroad, with some reportedly facing eviction and financial hardship. The ministry reiterated its commitment to meeting obligations to Nigerian scholars and sustaining policies aimed at improving education and human capital development.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.