/ Aug 20, 2026
/ Aug 20, 2026

Liverpool forward Diogo Jota dies in car crash in Spain

Published on

By

Liverpool player Diogo Jota and his brother have died in a car accident in Spain, police said Thursday.

The Spanish Civil Guard confirmed to The Associated Press that Jota and his brother were found dead after their car went off a road near the western city of Zamora. Authorities said the car was in flames.

Police were investigating the causes. They said there were no other vehicles involved.

The 28-year-old Jota and his brother, 25-year-old Andre Silva, both Portuguese players, were in the car.

Jota also played for Portugal’s national team and helped it win the Nations League last month.

Silva played with Portuguese club Penafiel in the lower divisions.

Jota joined Liverpool from Wolves in 2020 and won three major trophies with the Merseyside club — including the Premier League title last season

Jota’s death comes weeks after he married Rute Cardoso and in a social media post wrote, “Yes to forever.”

The Portuguese soccer federation released a statement lamenting the deaths. Federation president Pedro Proença said Portuguese soccer was “completely devastated.”

You May Like

3 thoughts on “Liverpool forward Diogo Jota dies in car crash in Spain

  1. В джунглях ставок, где любой сайт стремится привлечь обещаниями легких выигрышей, рейтинг казино интернет
    становится той самой картой, что направляет через ловушки обмана. Игрокам ветеранов да начинающих, которые надоел с фальшивых посулов, такой инструмент, чтоб увидеть реальную rtp, будто вес выигрышной монеты на пальцах. Без пустой ерунды, просто проверенные сайты, там выигрыш не просто цифра, а конкретная удача.Собрано из поисковых трендов, словно паутина, что захватывает топовые свежие веяния в сети. Здесь нет роли для шаблонных трюков, любой момент будто ставка у столе, в котором обман проявляется сразу. Профи понимают: на рунете манера разговора и иронией, там ирония скрывается словно намёк, помогает обойти ловушек.В http://www.don8play.ru/ такой топ находится будто готовая колода, приготовленный к раздаче. Загляни, коли хочешь ощутить пульс настоящей игры, обходя иллюзий и провалов. Для что любит вес приза, это словно иметь фишки в пальцах, а не смотреть по монитор.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Parc des Princes stadium in Paris, where PSG’s Ligue 1 opener against Rennes was moved due to poor pitch condition.

PSG-Rennes match moved over poor condition of pitch.

Paris Saint-Germain’s opening Ligue 1 title-defence fixture against Rennes has been moved from the Parc des Princes to Rennes’ Roazhon Park because of concerns over the condition of the pitch.   The French professional football league, LFP, announced the change on Wednesday, saying the state of the Parc des Princes surface meant player safety could not be guaranteed. The match will still be played on Sunday, August 23, with the date and kick-off time unchanged. As a result of the venue switch, PSG will host Rennes at the Parc des Princes when the two sides meet again on the weekend of March 6. The venue change comes days after PSG suffered a 1-0 defeat to Lens in the Champions’ Trophy. Meanwhile, PSG left-back Nuno Mendes has been suspended for three matches following his red card in that defeat. The Portugal international was sent off in the 87th minute for elbowing Lens forward Michal Skoras. Mendes will miss PSG’s Ligue 1 fixtures against Lille and Monaco. Coach Luis Enrique could turn to new signing Lucas Digne, who recently joined from Aston Villa, as his replacement. Lens defender Kyllian Antonio was also handed a two-match suspension after being dismissed for a dangerous tackle during Lens’ victory.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.