/ Aug 18, 2026
/ Aug 18, 2026

Police rescue 30 Malians from trafficking syndicate in Nasarawa

Published on

By

Nigeria Police Force has rescued 30 Malian nationals from an alleged human trafficking syndicate operating in Nasarawa State, according to a report by TheCable.

Police said the victims were discovered in residential locations in Mararaba and Karu after an operation by the Intelligence Response Team on 7 May. Authorities also arrested 13 suspects believed to be linked to the network.

The force spokesperson, Anthony Placid, said the criminal group lured vulnerable young people from West African countries, especially Mali and Gabon, with promises of relocation to Europe and lucrative jobs in Nigeria.

According to the police, the victims were asked to pay processing and transport fees before being taken to safe houses in Nasarawa, where they were allegedly kept under restrictive conditions.

Investigators said those unable to produce more money were forced into staged kidnapping scams. Victims were reportedly made to call relatives in their home countries and claim they had been abducted, prompting families to transfer ransom money into bank accounts controlled by the syndicate.

Among those arrested were alleged ringleader Abdul Ngaki and 12 others identified as members of the operation, including Fatimah Kulibali, Ahmad Kasango and Muhammad Dembele.

The police said investigations began after intelligence reports on the disappearance of several foreign nationals in Nigeria. The force added that efforts were ongoing to track down others connected to the network and ensure prosecution.

You May Like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

FCT officials demolishing a building obstructing a designated waterway in Maitama, Abuja, on August 18, 2026.

Flood: Election or not, Abuja will demolish houses on drainage ways – Wike

The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has ordered the demolition of houses built on drainage channels in Abuja, warning that no property owner will be spared in the enforcement.   Wike announced the decision during a press briefing on Tuesday, August 18, 2026, following recent flooding in parts of the Federal Capital Territory. According to Channels Television, the minister said the flooding had exposed the consequences of developments obstructing designated waterways and drainage channels. He said the affected properties include those belonging to wealthy Nigerians and prominent individuals, dismissing suggestions that the enforcement would target ordinary residents. The FCT Administration has identified buildings obstructing waterways and plans to commence demolitions between Tuesday and Saturday. Wike also rejected claims that the exercise was politically motivated because of the approaching elections. “Election or not,” the minister said, the government would demolish houses obstructing waterways because “the right thing has to be done.” He maintained that political considerations would not prevent the government from enforcing Abuja’s master plan and addressing structures contributing to flooding.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.