/ May 18, 2026
/ May 18, 2026

Former Konga CEO, Imudia, takes his life in Lagos home

Published on

By

Former Chief Executive Officer of Konga, one of Nigeria’s e-commerce giants, Nick Imudia, has reportedly died by suicide.

Imudia was said to have committed the act by jumping from the balcony of his apartment in the Lekki area of Lagos State on the evening of Tuesday, June 25, 2024.

Before his death, the businessman reportedly made a call to his United States-based brother to give him instructions on how to distribute his wealth and also called his young daughter to inform her that he would always be there for her.

Read Also:

13-year-old commits suicide after torture in Kaduna

According to a post on an online platform, TheWill, friends, family and associates of Imudia are still in shock as to why he would commit suicide.

An indigene of the Ika South Local Government Area of Delta State, Imudia was previously married to the mother of his young daughter.

The marriage ended due to irreconcilable differences.

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the case to our correspondent on Thursday.

“Yes, it is true. He committed the act on June 25,” Hundeyin said.

You May Like

2 thoughts on “Former Konga CEO, Imudia, takes his life in Lagos home

  1. Awesome info, Cheers.
    casino en ligne
    Perfectly spoken truly. !
    casino en ligne France
    Superb forum posts. Thanks a lot.
    casino en ligne
    Thanks a lot. Numerous write ups!
    casino en ligne fiable
    Kudos, Good stuff!
    casino en ligne
    You said it very well.!
    casino en ligne francais
    Nicely put. Thanks a lot!
    casino en ligne
    Kudos. A good amount of postings!
    casino en ligne francais
    You reported it terrifically.
    casino en ligne
    With thanks. Great information!
    casino en ligne francais

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Must Read

Minister of Education Tunji Alausa speaking at the Education World Forum in London about literacy and donor funding in Nigeria.

North still records worst literacy rates despite 80% donor funding, says Alausa

Nigeria’s Minister of Education, Tunji Alausa, has disclosed that the North-West and North-East regions continue to record the country’s lowest literacy and numeracy levels despite receiving 80 per cent of education donor funding over the past decade. Alausa made the disclosure on Monday during the Education World Forum in London, where he met with education ministers and global stakeholders to discuss Nigeria’s foundational learning reforms. According to a statement issued by his Special Adviser on Media and Communication, Ikharo Attah, the minister said recent education data revealed serious concerns about the effectiveness of donor funding allocation. “NEDI data revealed a key issue: 80% of donor funds in the last decade went to the North-West and North-East, yet those zones still have the lowest literacy and numeracy rates. We now have the data to redirect resources where they deliver results,” he said. Alausa explained that the Federal Government has now unified foundational literacy delivery under a national standard covering both formal and non-formal education systems. He said the government is scaling the RANA programme for Primary 1 to 3 pupils and the Teaching at the Right Level initiative for Primary 4 to 6 pupils across 15 states through the Universal Basic Education Commission. According to him, the programmes rely on structured lesson plans, weekly teacher coaching, and regular assessments to improve learning outcomes. The minister also highlighted the Accelerated Basic Education Programme developed by the Nigerian Educational Research and Development Council, stating that it enables out-of-school children and adolescents to achieve foundational literacy and numeracy within three years. He noted that both formal and non-formal education systems now report into the National Education Data Initiative, allowing authorities to monitor nationwide education coverage through a single dashboard. Speaking on Nigeria’s out-of-school children crisis, Alausa said the Accelerated Basic Education Programme provides pathways for children outside the formal school system to transition into junior secondary education. He added that state Universal Basic Education Board officials supervise both formal schools and ABEP centres across 15 states using the same learning materials and coaching tools. The minister further stated that foundational literacy and numeracy have become central to President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope agenda. He said the government is finalising a national policy on foundational literacy and numeracy to establish a sustainable legal and institutional framework for reforms across federal, state, and non-formal education systems. Alausa also revealed that 70 per cent of funding under Nigeria’s Partnership Compact with the Global Partnership for Education is tied to measurable outcomes in learning, teacher management, and data usage. He added that the Federal Government plans to increase the Universal Basic Education Commission’s share of the consolidated revenue fund from two per cent to four per cent.
Read more

Editor's Pick

Trending News

Newsletter

Enter your email address and receive notifications of news by email.

You have been successfully Subscribed! Ops! Something went wrong, please try again.

© 2026 GongNews. All Rights Reserved.